Active Topics

On another thread someone said they spoke to mpd and they said they had filled their quota but those already ordered should be save I would assume

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Presumably, this doesn't affect those that pre-ordered with a T-Mobile?
No, I rang them yesterday and was told that everyone who did get an order in with a T-Mobile contract would be fine, they had filled their allotted quota and would hopefully start sending out the deices from the week starting 16/11/09.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I've ordered through MPD on the TMobile £35 (web n walk) luckily while it was still available. Just wondering what will happen if RoyalMail are still striking mid November, or are next day deliveries unaffected by the strike?

Also is there any way of going through MPD but getting it delivered to your non billing address - I'd like to get it delivered to work to avoid having to go the the Royal Mail depot to collect it - especially if they are striking as they can sometimes set limited collection times, or prevent you from collecting unless your package is prior to a certain date. I've certainly found that in recent days that my mail seems to be arriving twice a week, everything bundled up.

Thanks

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Swindon
Originally Posted by stamenkd View Post
I've ordered through MPD on the TMobile £35 (web n walk) luckily while it was still available. Just wondering what will happen if RoyalMail are still striking mid November, or are next day deliveries unaffected by the strike?

Also is there any way of going through MPD but getting it delivered to your non billing address - I'd like to get it delivered to work to avoid having to go the the Royal Mail depot to collect it - especially if they are striking as they can sometimes set limited collection times, or prevent you from collecting unless your package is prior to a certain date. I've certainly found that in recent days that my mail seems to be arriving twice a week, everything bundled up.
Thanks
I asked this same question to MPD but was told that they wont deliver it to anywhere other than the billing address.

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Special Delivery is not always guaranteed next day during the strike, but supposedly it is prioritised. Managers and other staff not striking go out delivering Special Delivery on strike days.

Delivering mail – we will continue to deliver premium service (Special Delivery™ and Royal Mail Tracked™) items to customers throughout the week.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=99700760

Oh how I hate having to collect mail. Its sad, here I am in Sheffield one of the biggest cities and our delivery office is only open in the morning and you have to allow 48 hours after attempted delivery before you can arrange redelivery or collect it. Yet they wonder why Royal Mail are losing business.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-10-28 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Special Delivery is not always guaranteed next day during the strike, but supposedly it is prioritised. Managers and other staff not striking go out delivering Special Delivery on strike days.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...diaId=99700760

Oh how I hate having to collect mail. Its sad, here I am in Sheffield one of the biggest cities and our delivery office is only open in the morning and you have to allow 48 hours after attempted delivery before you can arrange redelivery or collect it. Yet they wonder why Royal Mail are losing business.
I used to live in Birmingham (not in the city centre) and my local depot was 7am til 10am in the morning Mon - Sat (I think the Sat was included might be wrong about that!!)

[rant]I'd hope that the strikes will be well out of the way by 16th Nov. Lazy gits they should be grateful for a job at all in these times, I was without any work for 6 months, trying to find a job, it was soul destroying, I would have loved to work for the Royal Mail during those darker times! [/rant]

i've ordered mine from mobilephonesdirect on t-mobile, on my bank statement it says t-mobile -£2 and then a refund of £2 is this the credit check done as i'm a bit worried i might fail it.

Originally Posted by jdave76 View Post
i've ordered mine from mobilephonesdirect on t-mobile, on my bank statement it says t-mobile -£2 and then a refund of £2 is this the credit check done as i'm a bit worried i might fail it.
I noticed this on my account too. Would imagine it's more direct debit related than credit check. Would assume they carry out a credit check when you place the pre-order though. Anyone know the procedure?

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by DannStarr View Post
Hmmmm, this is why you don't pre order when you first get the chance!!
You can cancel a pre-order if the device isn't available for shipping yet and you find a better deal elsewhere.

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
Lazy gits they should be grateful for a job at all in these times

By lazy do you mean, prepared to picket and lose money at this time of the year to protect their basic T&C's in order to be able provide for their families in this time of recession?

Last edited by Nitchers; 2009-11-02 at 04:11.

Tags
contract, n900