Active Topics

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
PS: about people leaving for holidays, usual arrangements with couriers should apply. Last year we sent hundreds of devices during July and there were no incidences. Business as usual?
What do You mean exactly via "usual arrangements with couriers"? Last time I failed to receive shipment from DHL express during 2 days (two attempts of delivery) resulted in me being forced to pick it up myself from DHL point (central) ~100 miles away. And, without me doing so in 12 days (2 days of attempts +12 more in central = 2 weeks) would result in package going back to sender.

While I understand that it may look different via special arrangements between Nokia and DHL, I'm not aware of such being in place, so I'm - for one - really worried about Murphy's law, and "receiving" package on first day of my 2 weeks holidays, returning home, just to find out that I could pick it up since yesterday from 100 miles away - and now it's on route back to Finland.

Yet, as You've asked to relax, I'm putting my faith in Your words

/Estel

Ps.

By any means, I'm not trying to rise panic. The fact is, that I don't have idea how it looks in this case, if I can expect "warning" e-mail or not (reports differ greatly), etc.

I'm absolutely sure, that most of concerned people are worried about exact same thing - lack of clear information, or general "what to expect". Bugged migration of database via infamous "one signup experience" added it's own weight to this.

Thanks for understanding it.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Ok, please send me an email explaining the case and I will forward to Ville. Plase include the dates you will be away. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
All r right - we will forward mail to all CA winers, asking them to provide such data - then, we will send You a mail with batch data about people availabilities.

Thanks again for ensuring, that it will go smoothly

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Some (maybe) good news, I received a mail from ville a few hours ago asking for my address and phone number. It seems things are moving

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Just got mine, and MeeGo's pretty awesome.

I'll update it to PR1.3, and get some fun done.

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Some (maybe) good news, I received a mail from ville a few hours ago asking for my address and phone number. It seems things are moving
Same here. Can't wait, can't wait...

The Following User Says Thank You to trompkins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
I've received an email from Ville asking for my details last Monday and got the device the very next day . That's some fast shipping!

On a funny side note: after fully charging the device and browsing it for a bit, I updated Harmattan (MeeGo update) and got stuck in a boot loop upon reboot! I hadn't even installed a single application or performed any tweaks! Luckily, a reflash solved the issue swiftly. Nonetheless, it was quite an experience to say the least .

Last edited by iDont; 2012-07-18 at 11:01.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Mine was sent 17th, and I received it today. Factum est!

Thanks a lot for your support, qgil.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by iDont View Post
On a funny side note: after fully charging the device and browsing it for a bit, I updated Harmattan (MeeGo update) and got stuck in a boot loop upon reboot! I hadn't even installed a single application or performed any tweaks!
I'm in almost the same situation. Without installing any app I updated Meego with battery fully charged.
Now my n950 is stuck at the Nokia logo and does not boot.
I'll reflash it as soon as I have time to read a guide to do it...

Btw: is this the latest firmware for the N950 (Win_OCF_02-6_RM680-RM680-OEM1.exe)?
http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/release/N950/firmware/

Does the OneClickFlasher completely reflash the phone or should I use the flasher with different files?

EDIT: Ok, reflashed and now my N950 boots.

Last edited by sakya; 2012-07-23 at 10:49.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Venezuela
Dear friends of Summer'12 Device Program, I hope you are fine.

I am one of 9 people who has DATA RECEIVED on program wiki page. I checked that my information was correct in nokia account but I have not received the device yet.

Does anyone know what is happening?. Is there a way to know where the device could be?.

I write from Mérida, Venezuela, South America.

Best regards

Antonio Araujo Brett