The link isn't very clear about what level the battery needs to be at for different behaviour.
Mine very rarely get below 40% at the end of the day and will happily charge without booting when switched off

Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
^ I agree with thedead1440 . This has nothing to do with extensions or QTweak.
It's a matter of how empty your battery is. Have a look here.
Before I installed the extensions it was not imnportant how empty the battery was. If I plugged the charger in when the phone was off, it charged without booting (showing the "big" battery charging icon..

Yesterday I let the phone discharge and then let the whole night charging. Even having less than 3% of the charge, when I connected the charger it tried to boot up. Meanwhile I pressed the power button for a couple seconds. It "switched off" and the charging battery icon was shown.

When I started it today (being still plugged to the charger) it "stucked" in the booting phase showing the nokia logo and playing the startup music. I never got the PIN request. It looked like a sort of booting loop. Sometimes the USB logo was shown in the upper right angle of the screen. Only once the carger was disconnected could I start the phone as usual without any problems.

I don't think this is an expected normal behavior. That's a very simple deduction:
- Without extensions: does not happen
- With extensions: it happens

Anyhow, it is not that bad. I will just have to make up my mind to this situation.

Were you using the newer extensions via N9QTweak or the old one at the start of this thread? I'm using the old one 0.0.5.6 and everything works as long as you don't install FasterN9 (breaks the BT switching).

The one time I tried the N9QTweak version the repos seemed to get screwed up (nothing would update or install) and it didn't uninstall properly via the script - hence I'm onto my spare phone and the other one needs reflashing.... One bitten twice shy

I am using the 0.1.0 and FasterN9, with no issues on the BT switcing.
Or, any other issues, for that matter.
True, had some issues with previous version, but that's all known.

Last edited by taviman; 2012-10-09 at 13:32.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
Were you using the newer extensions via N9QTweak or the old one at the start of this thread? I'm using the old one 0.0.5.6 and everything works as long as you don't install FasterN9 (breaks the BT switching).

The one time I tried the N9QTweak version the repos seemed to get screwed up (nothing would update or install) and it didn't uninstall properly via the script - hence I'm onto my spare phone and the other one needs reflashing.... One bitten twice shy
The device of yours that needs re-flashing due to N9QT, I am sure can be fixed without a reflash

Anyone else having network signal issues after installing this?

I would just like to say that almost all of CODeRUS's software has caused boot loops for me, not indefinitly however, my phone does seem to fix it self.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
The device of yours that needs re-flashing due to N9QT, I am sure can be fixed without a reflash
You're right that repos should have been fixable but they were just the start of the trouble. After going through the motions to sort out the repo mess I got some app corruptions and they wouldn't reinstall. Something in there is broken and restores via the phone or Nokia Suite didn't work.

Originally Posted by lupastro View Post
Before I installed the extensions it was not imnportant how empty the battery was. If I plugged the charger in when the phone was off, it charged without booting (showing the "big" battery charging icon..

Yesterday I let the phone discharge and then let the whole night charging. Even having less than 3% of the charge, when I connected the charger it tried to boot up. Meanwhile I pressed the power button for a couple seconds. It "switched off" and the charging battery icon was shown.

When I started it today (being still plugged to the charger) it "stucked" in the booting phase showing the nokia logo and playing the startup music. I never got the PIN request. It looked like a sort of booting loop. Sometimes the USB logo was shown in the upper right angle of the screen. Only once the carger was disconnected could I start the phone as usual without any problems.

I don't think this is an expected normal behavior. That's a very simple deduction:
- Without extensions: does not happen
- With extensions: it happens

Anyhow, it is not that bad. I will just have to make up my mind to this situation.
Returning to what I said....i just uninstalled the extensions and shut down the phone. Having the battery fully loaded the phone does not boot up as it did when the extensions where installed. It just shows the battery charging icon.

After uninstalling the extensions and before shutting down, I realized that the phone was much more fluid. Is it possible that these extensions slow down the phone? I do not have any other exotic application except from FasterN9 and a coulple unrelated N9Qtweaks.

I am sorry to say that, but I firmly think that the Status Menu Extensions have a direct influence in this faulty behavior.

Last edited by lupastro; 2012-10-10 at 14:01.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Does anybody now what the latest Version is ? and how stable/safe it is to run on Pr 1.3?