Notices

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
it is in extras-devel last I looked.

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
A Harmattan version (N9 / N950) of MaeFlight is now available ! I chose to keep the same name for the Harmattan version since I like the way it is pronounced (i.e. My Flight), and as a show of respect to the Maemo platform.

I will see how to bring the look of the new version back to Maemo 5 when I get some time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
A Harmattan version (N9 / N950) of MaeFlight is now available ! I chose to keep the same name for the Harmattan version since I like the way it is pronounced (i.e. My Flight), and as a show of respect to the Maemo platform.

I will see how to bring the look of the new version back to Maemo 5 when I get some time.
A small bug/limitation in N9 version (most likely in N900 also, but can't test now):
the program can't track flights with multiple segments, like DL143 or SQ26. Would it be easy to fix this?

Thanks a lot for the great program,
Ivan

The Following User Says Thank You to ivanrajkovic For This Useful Post:
Just saw this thread and tried MaeFlight on Maemo.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to fetch anything. Whatever I type in the airline and flight number fields, it doesn't show any results.
However, the first attempt makes the 'powered by...' text dissappear. So something IS happening.

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ivanrajkovic View Post
A small bug/limitation in N9 version (most likely in N900 also, but can't test now):
the program can't track flights with multiple segments, like DL143 or SQ26. Would it be easy to fix this?

Thanks a lot for the great program,
Ivan
The N9 version does support multi-leg flights. However, flightstats.com recently changed their website, so it is possible that something is broken now. With multi-leg flights, there is a banner that says "Multi-Leg Flight". I will check to see what is happening there.

Originally Posted by foobar View Post
Just saw this thread and tried MaeFlight on Maemo.
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to fetch anything. Whatever I type in the airline and flight number fields, it doesn't show any results.
However, the first attempt makes the 'powered by...' text dissappear. So something IS happening.
The Maemo 5 version for the N900 is not working as expected. It is fundamentally different than the N9 version in the manner it fetches the data (requiring an API key, which has expired). After getting the N9 version working, I will see about configuring the build to also support the N900. Thanks for the pokes!

Last edited by EIPI; 2012-10-25 at 22:21.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
OK. It was a problem with FlightStats.com changing something on their end. I have fixed the issue for the N9 version, and I will see if I can recall how to submit a build to the Harmattan COBS tonight.

So, it has been close to two weeks, and the update to MaeFlight for Harmattan is still waiting to get into Apps-Testing. I haven't been following apps.formeego.org issues closely, so it may be related to that service being down?

In any case, the .deb for MaeFlight v1.0.2 can be found at the meego repo:

http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/eipi....0.2_armel.deb

It fixes the issue with the multi-leg flight. Still no work on a N900 version at the moment.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin, Germany
The maemo package is broken because this URL is not responding: http://www.visvanatha.ca/maeflight/.maeflight_tools
The install script tries to fetch this with wget and it fails. Is there any mirror for this? What is it that's trying to fetch?

The Following User Says Thank You to llucax For This Useful Post:
The Fremantle version does not work anymore. The file you reference was part of an API key that was not packaged with the binary and was downloaded at installation time. Fremantle version should be pulled from the repository. Sorry for any troubles.

Tags
flight, maeflight, python, status