Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Looks fine!

The warnings about the GPG error are Nokia's fault to not update the signing keys for their repositories. Nothing you could do about that, everyone gets this!

You could get rid of the duplicate sources.list warning by removing one item for the extras repository in HAM. Tap on the upper menu bar, choose Repositories, erase one of the entries for the extras repo. This may take some time if the Manager decides it must update the repositories before and after the editing (Bad application design by Nokia!!!).

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Looks fine!

The warnings about the GPG error are Nokia's fault to not update the signing keys for their repositories. Nothing you could do about that, everyone gets this!

You could get rid of the duplicate sources.list warning by removing one item for the extras repository in HAM. Tap on the upper menu bar, choose Repositories, erase one of the entries for the extras repo. This may take some time if the Manager decides it must update the repositories before and after the editing (Bad application design by Nokia!!!).
but, if i delete one of extras catalouge it will be not good right?

The error is already solved. May be some temporary Internet flaw?
The last output of the update command did run without error, just some warnings. Warnings are not blocking anything, they just draw your attention to possible misconfiguration.
All should be fine by now, if you remove one of these duplicate repository.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
The error is already solved. May be some temporary Internet flaw?
The last output of the update command did run without error, just some warnings. Warnings are not blocking anything, they just draw your attention to possible misconfiguration.
All should be fine by now, if you remove one of these duplicate repository.
please show me which repo should i delete?

anyway i successfully install wget, after that i do step 2 and 3 as follows : 2. from xterm as root cd to that directory and install .deb files
dpkg -i omap3-dsp-baseimage-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-libraries-ti_0.i3.6-15+0m6_armel.deb omap3-dsp-hd-codecs_0.3.8-7+0m6_armel.deb

3. from attached libgstdsp.zip copy libgstdsp.so to your n900 /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so

and then step 4. is this sudo gainroot command or what..

should i type this in xterm

sudo gainroot
apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-openmax

almost done

Last edited by ki sanak; 2014-02-14 at 13:07.

Sure in X-Terminal application.
Do not forget the restart, also keep in mind to use the dsp profile while watching 720p.

There might be two repositories in your HAM with this URL http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ and this distribution fremantle-1.3

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Sure in X-Terminal application.
Do not forget the restart, also keep in mind to use the dsp profile while watching 720p.

There might be two repositories in your HAM with this URL http://repository.maemo.org/extras/ and this distribution fremantle-1.3
yes finally,,i can play it. but it is laggy, even in 480p. how do i fix it? dsp profile? what is it?

btw i still keep the repository since i dont know anything about it even you have tell me completely

Last edited by ki sanak; 2014-02-14 at 16:01.

Hi guys!
I was wondering if someone could post most up-to-date version?
Thanks!

The first post I think has everything you need. I don't think anything major has changed since it was last updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kossuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Don't know if it's possible to get better results, here some guys on XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656010
are getting a stable 30 fps 720p recording after updating some memory parameters like this:

#define MSM_FB_SIZE 0x200000
#define MSM_PMEM_SF_SIZE 0x800000
#define MSM_PMEM_CAMERA_SIZE 0xBE0000
#define MSM_PMEM_ADSP_SIZE 0x1F80000

Do Maemo kernel has something similar, so we can increase them too and get a higher 720p recording quality/fps? Just thinking..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
How difficult would it be to have a daemon or plugin for media player which watches for skipped frames and when detected overclocks the DSP as required?
I currently use CPUtweak as a a CPU/DSP GUI when watching higher compression ~720p vids, even if it were in the system notification widgets area CPUtweak would be fast enough to do by hand but it is just a regular app. Maybe I have mised a better DSP overclocking app but I would like to bypass having to manually adjust the speed entirely and have it done automagically.

Tags
balls, gpl violation, hackjobs, lgpl violation, nokia, upgrade..., video player