Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You need to learn that instructions are to be followed. Now read again the first post and follow the instructions there.
my question is that do i need to install cssuT if i install this? and do i need kp50? there will be 3 option in the bootmenu. one for stock , one for cssu, and one for kp50

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I'm getting the connect to PC Suite error.

Under the Problems heading it says there's a conflict with Linux kernel for Community SSU (boot image for u-boot...) - can't read after that.

There's two more packages that are being updated at the same time as Cssu Package (thumb)21.2011.38-1maemo4-thumb10:
  • Linux Kernel for Community SSU - Linux kernel updater (kernel cssu 2.6.28.10)
  • Linux Kernel for Community SSU - (boot image for u-boot and multiboot) 2.6.28-10cssu2

None of these packages can be installed due to the conflict. Oh and I'm using HAM.

Edit: this is an upgrade from the previous Cssu-thumb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Under the Problems heading it says there's a conflict with Linux kernel for Community SSU (boot image for u-boot...
I've had the same, just remove Linux kernel for Community SSU (boot image for u-boot...) (not the other kernel package though) with ham.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Merlin1991 thanks for the tip. It did the trick. Should I install again the image fo u-boot?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
i am not able to move widgets now.. o.O

i resolved it with cssu tuner

Last edited by abhirajsoni; 2012-06-21 at 11:22.

Kernel-power-settings working on cssu thumb10, I install it by dpkg with no dependencies, but after it I can't install any apps by apt-get because it wants install rest of kernel-power (I can do it by apt-get install -f). Any way to remove dependencies from kernel-power-settings ?

OFFTOPIC: small apt-get install list
apt-get install gtranslate mdk3 humanity-theme fcamera extmou busybox-power cowpatty extkbd harmattan-black gnumeric easy-deb-chroot tinysmbgui man-db-n900 vim gonvert qmltube macchanger sib evopedia driftnet fping bash3 filebox wifi-pwner recaller evince bluetooth-dun ogg-support nano-opt openmediaplayer ssh-status rdesktop tar-gnu qtmobilehotspot crazyparking cleven wgames theme-customizer dsniff yamas flashlight-applet task-swapper ruby1.8 openssh-client aircrack-ng rootsh mrawviewer speedy opera-mobile vncviewer status-area-wlan-driver-selector-applet personal-ip-address snake leafpad mc hostmode-gui stopwatch kismet simple-brightness-applet shortcutd mplayer abiword fapman conky-n900 tuxrace lzma decoders-support community-ssu-enabler supertux-stable per-contact-ringtones nmap=5.50-2 tracker-cfg easy-chroot gftp-gtk irb1.8 aisleriot pierogi cell-modem-ui

Originally Posted by n900_ View Post
Any way to remove dependencies from kernel-power-settings ?
AFAIK, no way. But you can install kernel-power and reinstall kernel-cssu and kernel-cssu-flasher after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon, why kernel-cssu-flasher is still contain “Nokia Kernel” shortcut?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hxka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I've reflashed my N900 and installed CSSU-T and the Thumb.
Now I face problems with my multiple alarms. The first one rings, but if I sleep to hard and I don't hear it, the second or third alarm don't make any sound.

Anyone got a hint?

on the other hand, I didn't face any other issues with the thumb compiled packages. Makes the N900 even more smoother and faster. really great packages!
Thanks and keep up that awesome work.

//EDIT:
BTW, what's the proper version of pulseaudio to use nowadays? could someone link me?

Last edited by NightShift79; 2012-06-21 at 18:22.

freemangordon, huge, HUGE thanks for that. This very thing + research and ideas about root NAND that followed it are definitely a breakthrough (saying it's milestone, would be too low).

What do experts thing about concept of moving everything we can from rootfs to optfs - leaving only small thing requirements for NOLO if needed - then, using rest of ~256 MB NAND space for *uncompressed* UBIFS (for retaining wear-leveling and such things) for swap?

This way, we could use ramzswap as 1st priority swap, then ~256 MB of very fast NAND as 2nd, and finally, swap on microSD as 3th one.

Sounds, like it could bring impressive benefits to speed under heavy memory load.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is NAND lifetime for write cycles, even when using ubifs wear-leveling. Is it much lower/higher/same as for eMMC? I've already killed two (cheap and definitely not genuine) 8GB class 2 microSD "SanDisk" cards, due to EOL of write cycles - I would like to spare non-replaceable NAND such fate.

Thoughts? Comments?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life