Closed Thread
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I didn't do that, and am not sure why it was moved. Feel free to ask whoever did.
i know it wasn't you. i've learned that asking doesn't help, though. i'm giving up.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
At least one of new threads on the ovi store was immediately turning into a competition of swearing and insults on Nokia. Complete with Chuck Norris pictures. I agree "off topic" is the wrong label. "Madhouse" would be a better label.
Maybe Chuck Norris pictures help us speculating? I didn't mind it being moved to Off topic as long as we can continue our speculations The thread was never intended as a "competition of swearing and insults" and i don't know why you look at it this way. Ovi store update was scheduled for May 27, and we are speculating why it isn't released yet.

Adding some Chuck Norris pictures wouldn't hurt anyone

Last edited by Chrome; 2010-05-29 at 08:09.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
Maybe Chuck Norris pictures help us speculating? I didn't mind it being moved to Off topic as long as we can continue our speculations The thread was never intended as a "competition of swearing and insults" and i don't know why you look at it this way. Ovi store update was scheduled for May 27, and we are speculating why it isn't released yet.

Adding some Chuck Norris pictures wouldn't hurt anyone
I was referring to the "Where is this damn OVI store" thread, where you yourself were asking people whether they haven't gone mad. In that thread there were two kickboxing pictures posted by the constantly swearing OP to describe what he wants to do to Nokia. Leaving copyright issues aside, I think this really hurts this community quite a bit! Some things shouldn't be just Off Topic but Off Limits!!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It had nothing to do with like or dislike, geneven. It had to do with language in the future complaints thread.

As for any of the "Chuck Norris" threads, I have responded to numerous complaints and contrary to your allegations there has been moderation performed.

I go by policy, not any whims or conspiracies or whatever other accusations you conjure up.

And if you feel I was in error, by all means appeal higher up to sjgadsby or chemist or reggie. My feelings won't be hurt one bit. I'm just confused, because I've seen you complain about the very concept of thread closure. Now you're saying it's okay to close the ones YOU don't like?
You haven't seen me complain about the very concept of thread closure, that must be a misunderstanding.

I'm not sure how one would go about complaining about a concept anyway. Plato would be very displeased.

I don't see where I advocated the closing of a thread, such as the Chuck Norris thread.

I just thought it was typical that the thread that was closed just accidentally happened to be one that the moderators didn't like.

I guess you didn't understand that my last sentence saying that I unfortunately knew why the thread on future complaints was closed meant that I understood it was being closed for language reasons.

I'm glad to hear that the Chuck Norris threads have been moderated. I haven't been reading them so I would have no way of knowing. I'm not a Chuck Norris fan, and I don't come to this site to read about or see pictures of Chuck Norris.

I just thought it was interesting that some actual humor -- the idea of predicting complaints of the future, with a fun spin on what they would be -- was suppressed, and the unfunny and truly off-topic Chuck Norris humor was accepted and even encouraged by moderators (by adding it to the header in at least one case).

I am not likely to complain officially about the actions of any moderator, because I did not even get an answer to a previous complaint, so it seems to me that there is no pretense that the moderator system has any particular legitimacy other than that of power -- those who have the power do what they want.

And I'm not likely to complain officially about your actions, Texrat, because I think that in general your actions are fair, or at least based on some discernible principles other than how you were feeling that day.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@tex: I'd suggest to just pm/post a link to forum rules and policies if anyone questions certain mod actions... some ppl just take being talked to negatively...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
You know, I went to look for a Terms of Service, and damned if I can find it...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I just thought it was typical that the thread that was closed just accidentally happened to be one that the moderators didn't like.
I can't speak for other moderators, but I was actually ambivalent about it.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
You know, I went to look for a Terms of Service, and damned if I can find it...
lol, does that mean they've actually been within acceptable conducts afterall... since there's no clear guidelines in the first place.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
lol, does that mean they've actually been within acceptable conducts afterall... since there's no clear guidelines in the first place.
It just means (for now) that scatterbrained me can't find an obvious link. Yet.

Another poster found it for maemo.org in general

http://maemo.org/legal/terms_of_use/

I need to ask reggie to add that prominently to the forum menu...

Closed Thread

Tags
brain damage, chuckisoutofbag, chuckwashere, context, moderation, off topic, policy, questions, why is he back?, why is who back