Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Hello,

I've been facing a very strange problem with the Application Manager lately. It all started when I flashed my N900 (after all my contacts mysteriously disappeared) and had to download all the applications again.

Strangely, some applications installed while others did not. I looked at the log and it seems like the connection was timing out. I blamed it on my internet connection for a whole day but then I realized that I can download and surf normally both on the phone and my computer. I can also ping repository.maemo.org and it responds. It just seems really strange that I cannot download anything on the phone!

I even tried to download the same package from the Maemo webstie, using my computer, and it worked. It's almost as if the Application Manager has a very rusty connection to the internet that hardly works.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm, Sweden
It says "Downloading..." and the progress bar does not even nudge! The CSSU file is 28 mb and I have a 2 mb connection. Even if it gives me a downloading speed of 250 kbps, it shouldn't be stuck there for hours.

I really don't know what to do. I even tried flashing all over again and trying to install some of the likely scenarios and operating systems.