Originally Posted by specc View Post
How can you like/dislike a tablet? A piece of glass with some chips inside? It's the OS that makes the phone/tablet along with the chips. The HW is just design with no functionality.
Because the Hardware and design is not purely aesthetic it does perform a function. With the Transformer its design allows it to connect a full keyboard and it's hardware might be powerful though a specific person may not like the user experience of the OS.

Last edited by Cue; 2012-04-12 at 22:35.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
The number is for 1Q 2012, so it has been available from some time, at least in europe. The Lumia 710 was available in the US. China was missing though.

I think whether it gains momentum or not depends on lumia 900 sales in the US.

I guess they will have at least 5% market share til the end of the year.
If nokia survives it

Won't be easy though since apollo is late and the galaxy3 will make the 900 look like childs play.
Lumia 710 & 800 has been released in Asia,except China, since beginning of 2012. In less than 3 months prices dropped. N9 took 6 months bf prices started dropping, due to - limited release thingy and they dont want N9 price to be lower than lumia 800.

Originally Posted by coopere View Post
Didn't believe it was true until C-Net did a little investigation of their own and discovered that at five different AT&T stores in New York, they walked in pretending to be first time buyers and all of them were introduced to the iPhone. Even when they intentionally asked for the Lumia 900, it was shrugged off, and they still were trying to be sold an iPhone. One rep even said "Windows Phone is ok, but it's no iPhone."

here's the link to the article: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/12...8IntoMobile%29
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

"Microsoft employees were dismayed when they anonymously visited Verizon stores and discovered that employees for the carrier were reluctant to sell the Kin, said a Microsoft executive close to the Kin project. Verizon, the only carrier behind the Kin, tended to promote phones running Google’s Android software."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/05/te...pagewanted=all

They don't sell WP because they cannot recommend it and quite frankly if I were an AT&T employee I would see little reason to aswell.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
The greatest laugh is at the "apps are king" crowd. Most localized for current users apps will be a goner once US+EU hit their real <10% userbase/margin/relevance in smartphone division. Africa+Asia got around 8x more to offer, facebook customer base will be dwarfved by one chinese social network alone, add India to thatg mess... see where I'm going. If handful (in comparison to populace) of chinese devs start going for WP war is won. (anybody else noticed some latest developments like chinese/HK language for N9 coming from channels that have jibberish in comments, not to mention audio???) If Jobs had a plan for iOS, its gone, except for reiterating my status by having expensive as hell phone, with current markety heading for 10% only android and WP are left
do you speak chinese?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Thanks to yet another Google+ posting...

Herb Greenberg: The Worst CEOs for 2012
Stephen Elop, Nokia

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47030593/Herb...r_2012?slide=3

Well, you can't say he didn't earn this distinction a few times over with his career. Nokia is DEFINITELY his prize failure under his watch. Best line of the article: "Securing Elop’s name on this year’s Worst CEO candidates list: Nokia’s Easter Day launch of its long-awaited Windows-based phone. Easter. Really?"

Keep blaming those salespeople, Elop. heh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
blame who?

lol its getting funnier

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Thanks to yet another Google+ posting...

Herb Greenberg: The Worst CEOs for 2012
Stephen Elop, Nokia

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47030593/Herb...r_2012?slide=3

Well, you can't say he didn't earn this distinction a few times over with his career. Nokia is DEFINITELY his prize failure under his watch. Best line of the article: "Securing Elop’s name on this year’s Worst CEO candidates list: Nokia’s Easter Day launch of its long-awaited Windows-based phone. Easter. Really?"

Keep blaming those salespeople, Elop. heh
Now that is a price Elop deserves and should most definitely get. I for once fully support him. And I also believe that as things get worse Elop will blame more abstract things like the spirits, or the curse of the pharaoh and stuff like that.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
blame who?

lol its getting funnier
Damn you I wanted to post that

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
This is on the Reg as well here
Best comment is at the bottom of the article

"Ultimately, Nokia and Windows are challengers and they either need to come to market with a really disruptive, innovative product or a huge marketing budget to create client demand. So far they have done neither,"
Hang on doesnt Nokia have called the N9, which Elop in his wisdom refuse to sell anywhere wher it may make Lumia's look sh1te.

Can someone send him to CEO101 please

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Can someone send him to CEO101 please
Again... this is a flaw in Nokia's "logic". This man was the CEO of Macromedia when Adobe bought them out for three months (only!) and he did nothing to stop or enhance that merger.

All he's done so far is collect 1.4 million salary, a 6 million dollar bonus for signing on from Microsoft, brought a Microsoft product aboard and seems to be setting up Nokia for acquisition by Microsoft.

You... get what you pay for I guess.

European Operators: “No one comes into the store and asks for a Windows phone.”

too bad NOKIA is practically nonexistent in the US market, now, isn't it?

high time to send Floppy back where it came from

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows