Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
got a serious issue with the microb bug that reads the center dpad (i use it to bring up the thumb keyboard) as return, resulting in some problems. Not sure if its fixable by the community either, as i think the problem is in the closed UI (unless the UI is now opened and i have missed/forgotten), not the microb lib itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
As far as I know, the available browsers for OS2008 are;

microB,
Opera Mobile,
Fennec (Firefox),
Minefield (Firefox),
Tear.

I myself keep coming back to microB,
There is also:
Midori
Arora
Dillo
Diggia@web

I've been using tear since it came out. Fast and stable.
The new opera is nice but no power mangment means it will drain the battery if left open, even when you lock the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to giladmttw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andoreasu View Post
Opera 10 for n8x0 has been released. It is fast, real fast. And works very well (except for the fact that there is no flash).
For me the best choice.

http://labs.opera.com/news/2010/05/11/
strange, it is not at all fast for me, on my n800. it takes many times longer than tear to load any pages.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by debudebu View Post
strange, it is not at all fast for me, on my n800. it takes many times longer than tear to load any pages.
Same here on my N810.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Budapest, Hungary
Tear gets my vote. With Mitrandir's improvements. link
The new Opera worth too a mention.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hopefully that improvements package will be rolled into tear directly soon.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tso View Post
hopefully that improvements package will be rolled into tear directly soon.
Quoted for emphasis.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Wow, finally! An N800 thread. THANK YOU! Yeah, personally, I bounce between Tear and MicroB on my N800. I guess Midori is supposed to be pretty good too but I never tried it.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Wow, finally! An N800 thread. THANK YOU! Yeah, personally, I bounce between Tear and MicroB on my N800. I guess Midori is supposed to be pretty good too but I never tried it.
Midori is pretty good. The functions (History, Bookmarks, etc.) are much easier to use. Although past 3 tabs it gets difficult to manage, and (it's no problem for me,) but there's no grab and drag page scrolling. You're relegated to the scroll bars.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Oh, and Macuco.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes