Active Topics

N900 is a great device. I enjoy it so much, but yesterday my exchange team has disabled "allow non provisioned devices" and left me with no email on my phone.

As I can't work without having access to email, I'm now moving to probably android, moto milestone or htc desire or legend...

I will somewhat miss great camera and fast working browser.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia
Are you sure your exchange account will work on those android phones? I'm not an expert on exchange topic, but I guess the implementation of exchange protocol on N900 and Android does not differ very much.

there is 3rd party software that makes it possible.

Tell your exchange team to shove it?

I would believe having a job, or even an non-hostile work environment, is more important than what cell phone you use. At least it seems the OP thinks so.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow
Non-hostile work environment is the one where nothing prevents me from using devices and OSes I like. My two cents.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Surely if it is a prerequsit for your job to be able to read these emails your worl should provide you with the facility to do so mobile if needed.
Just my thoughts.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@lattenwald: seriously? you'd put higher priority on the freedom to select your favorite email client over your personal\family's future?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by alex_z View Post
N900 is a great device. I enjoy it so much, but yesterday my exchange team has disabled "allow non provisioned devices" and left me with no email on my phone.

As I can't work without having access to email, I'm now moving to probably android, moto milestone or htc desire or legend...

I will somewhat miss great camera and fast working browser.
thanks for this useless information.

won't be missing you.

couldn't you write this to mfe thread instead? stupid way to gain attention imo.

e: please write this to forum nokia, or your countrys biggest mobile vbulletin board or similar. this is old news for us but probably new news for those people.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Why even start such threads? There are probably 100-200'000 N900 users out there (or even more). With the dynamic nature of our existences, the reasons for or against a N900 will shift for many of us each week. It's just a gadget that suits a certain market segment. It never claimed to be the one-and-only-and-you-all-must-obey-me phone (as opposed to a certain cult-like thing from the west coast :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:

Tags
worst thread ever, worthless