Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
I am assuming Vagalume will be available for Fremantle, but wanted to make sure that this is discussed. Vagalume is such a top notch application on the N8*0 internet tablets, I would sure hate to see this one fall by the wayside on the N900. Especially since it is the only application I am aware of that can stream a customizable internet radio station on the devices. It would be cool if Pandora or Slacker or Spotify application were created, but I think Last.fm is the only one that is open to developers, right? Anyway, just wanted to bring it up.

Joe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by joeD View Post
, but I think Last.fm is the only one that is open to developers, right? Anyway, just wanted to bring it up.
Not true: For Spotify, despotify has been out for a while: http://despotify.se/
And Spotify, themselves, have written a library: http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/ (although, upon further reading, I see it says "linux-libc6 IA32" >.<. despotify works fine, though. )

And considering it's a Fremantle star (and some of its buttons in the main view are already "finger-friendly" in Diablo), I'd be surprised if we did not see it.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-09-10 at 09:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
Spotify isn't available in the united states yet though, last.fm and the others are however. At least that's what the spotify website tells me when I checked into it. Seems like the ultimate service though. Thanks for the replys!

The Following User Says Thank You to joeD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
I love Vagalume!!

Unfortunately we may find that the Maemo 5 version doesn't allow access to non-subscribers, as Last.fm re-issued APIs within the past year or so, blocking access from "mobile" devices, but was OK for Vagalume as it ran on Tablets, which did not have such facilities.

Last edited by Faz; 2009-09-19 at 18:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
A Last.FM subscription is only $3 (or 3 of your local currency) per month - chump change when you consider the functionality that you get with the full streaming experience.

I would *love* to test this when it comes available, and can do so privately or publicly. The lack of a proper Last.FM streaming app is one of the things that drove me to remove the SIM from my N900, so I'd really really really love to see Vagalume back in action.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Corunha
Originally Posted by joeD View Post
I am assuming Vagalume will be available for Fremantle
You assume correctly:

http://blogs.igalia.com/berto/2009/1...alume-release/

;-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alberto Garcia For This Useful Post:
Thank you Alberto this is working great on my N900!! Currently I am streaming Last.fm at my desk at work and it is a nice break in my day. This was a great app on my N810 and it works great over t-mobile 3g!!

Thank you!!!

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Gainesville, FL
Originally Posted by Faz View Post
I love Vagalume!!

Unfortunately we may find that the Maemo 5 version doesn't allow access to non-subscribers, as Last.fm re-issued APIs within the past year or so, blocking access from "mobile" devices, but was OK for Vagalume as it ran on Tablets, which did not have such facilities.
I am still a little lost as to how this is working out. At one point Vagalume wouldn't work on my n800, but Mobbler (an s60 last.fm client) worked fine on my e51. Mobbler still works fine (streamed this morning to my e51 on my walk to work), and Vagalume was working last time I tried it on my n800. Is there a logic or definitive cut off for non-paying subscribers on mobile devices?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
So...Do you think it will be able to stream last.fm radios on the n900 in the near future?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Corunha
Originally Posted by rmarcus View Post
So...Do you think it will be able to stream last.fm radios on the n900 in the near future?

What I know so far is basically summarized here:

https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/v...ry/000049.html

The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto Garcia For This Useful Post: