Active Topics

Notices

I have finished the C++ version. It will require the qt 4.6 libs but they are optified and only chew up about 7mb of space.

Looks wise and functionality wise its pretty much the same at the py version - though it does make the assumption you have put your login details in the config. I will package it up put out a deb probably tomorrow and try get it into the repos as well.

If I ask Fatal nicely he might even let me yoink the settings code
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

You can grab whatever is useful . I foresee yours being used more than mine just because of the python dependencies.

Ultimately I plan to have mine use the pianobar config directly just in case they change their own options like skipping songs and such. Also to save the username/pass across restarts. Getting prompted everytime is quite annoying so I'll have it save back in proper format so pianobar reads it for me .

Did you already add the ability to create and delete stations?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
You can grab whatever is useful . I foresee yours being used more than mine just because of the python dependencies.

Ultimately I plan to have mine use the pianobar config directly just in case they change their own options like skipping songs and such. Also to save the username/pass across restarts. Getting prompted everytime is quite annoying so I'll have it save back in proper format so pianobar reads it for me .

Did you already add the ability to create and delete stations?
No - right now its basic play functionality, favourite and banning etc. I will add the other functionality at a later date I guess, wasn't that important to me at this stage (besides this is my first Qt project and dusting off the ole c++ hurt my brain)

Here are a couple of screenshots of the apps.

Wow.. you got the timer to work! Very nice. I set that aside for now.. definitely should try to figure out how to put that back though.

I'd be interested to see how you grabbed the constantly updating, single-line stream. I kept getting into block issues.

Those interested in pyPianobar: here.

I'll do yet another warning: the python qt bindings take a lot of rootfs room. Unfortunate.

If this is a problem for you, await bratag's most excellent app.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Whatever happened to getting Nokia to give the code for the media player so we could make a universal UI for various music streamers, like Last.fm and pandora?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
Whatever happened to getting Nokia to give the code for the media player so we could make a universal UI for various music streamers, like Last.fm and pandora?
Don't know about that - didnt know it was an option. Who do we need to contact re that do you know?

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I'm impatient. Do I think this is an excellent idea? Sure.. do I think people should have to suffer without pandora until Nokia gives it to us??? No.

This is also why I support things such as wine, cedega, CXoffice, etc. Do I think game manufacturers should make games for Linux? Yes.. should I have to dual boot windows just to play my games? No.

*shrug*

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I'm impatient. Do I think this is an excellent idea? Sure.. do I think people should have to suffer without pandora until Nokia gives it to us??? No.

This is also why I support things such as wine, cedega, CXoffice, etc. Do I think game manufacturers should make games for Linux? Yes.. should I have to dual boot windows just to play my games? No.

*shrug*
Right there with you on that. I have been a donator/supporter of Cedega since before they were Cedega .

Also agree - while it would be nice for Nokia to give us the source. I won't be holding my breath and am happy to crank out a little gui to get us by in the meanwhile.

If I read things correctly, aren't MAFW plugins suppose to integrate with the Media Player?