Active Topics

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
...Meizu devices will be much better, and there should be a 5" 1920x1080 with much better spec and less gigantic bezels from bQ soon. If leTV really are releasing the devices (with UP) that I posted about recently, those should absolutely fly with that kind of spec and be superb value too.
... My main hope is that they change the way multi-tasking works sooner rather than later. Apps are still COMPLETELY frozen when not focused. Which makes absolutely no sense as they're targeting power users / techies / FOSS enthusiasts initially.
Hmmm, that in a sense is a problem for those of us without loads of boodle - wait a bit for a better specs device? But, I want it now!

And I hope that they allow one to override the default re multi-tasking. I absolutely understand why they may want that default for reasons of battery-life but linux is about choice and living with what ensues.

PS. As I read more, I see with the scopes rather than apps approach as deployed at present, multi-tasking in a desktop sense does not come into play. So, what will one be able to install on this device outside of the scope of scopes?

Last edited by handaxe; 2015-02-07 at 12:42.

https://twitter.com/omgubuntu/status/563695896614170624

Canonical have apparently confirmed that a Meizu MX4 (not sure if vanilla or Pro) with Ubuntu Phone will be launched at MWC and available internationally.

I'm assuming all Ubuntu Phones will be rootable, given the nature of Linux ... hopefully that also means unlocked bootloader is either a given or achievable. If so, hopefully we'll see Sailfish on the MX4 quickly.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-02-08 at 15:44.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
The Meizu MX4 is a great mid-range device.
In fact, its almost a flagship device but has a few (minor) limitations.

Perhaps this will be my chance to use this as my daily driver.... here's hoping!

(thx for the news, March can't come sooner)

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
yes, if the price will be $336 for MX4 is simply brilliant. But I expect it to be more expensive in Europe.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-02-08 at 17:48.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You like to create a simple web app for ubuntu...

http://itsfoss.com/create-web-app-ubuntu-phone/

Nice interview with mark s. Not toO much info, but at lease something...a more detailed date for meizu ubuntu edition would be golden.

http://www.mobileworldlive.com/interview-canonical-ceo

There is a “queue of vendors” looking to launch Ubuntu-powered devices, following the launch of the first commercial smartphone by vendor BQ last month, Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Canonical, told Mobile World Live.

I wonder if it's one vendor queue)meizu(

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-04-01 at 20:11.

Ubuntu phone that works as a desktop PC coming in 2015
http://liliputing.com/2015/05/ubuntu...g-in-2015.html

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:

Tags
linuxrules2013