Notices

it show a fail to fetch package due to network connection or the catalogs out of date?

Very nice very nice indeed. Love the fact we can switch accounts with two clicks too. I also love the way links open up in micob,one thing that i used macuco for was google reader it worked great apart from id always want to open links to other sites through the default brower. Which meant hold down on links, copy the link then open microb and paste the link..... It was a lot of effort, to open a webpage
I think it makes sense to support google reader too.
Either way great work!! Keep it up and thanks for sharing.
cheers
nick

This is one major app that was missing on Maemo ! Macuco was a good workaround, but this promises to be even better, thanks a lot !

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
I like it a lot (: it's really polished. The blinking effect on the bottom right icon does get on my nerves though :P

any tips or resources for using qtwebkit?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Hi

Good idea, but why is it attempting to connect to http://www.crochik.com/mobwebmail/v2 ? Maybe an explanation of how it works for the security conscious amongst us

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Is this faster than Opera 11 +
https://mail.google.com/mail/x/gdlakb-/gp/?shva=1
?

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Hi

Good idea, but why is it attempting to connect to http://www.crochik.com/mobwebmail/v2 ? Maybe an explanation of how it works for the security conscious amongst us
Thanks for pointing this out. I'd also like to know please

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I just uploaded to the repository MobWebMail - Gmail.

The description of the package reads:
First class Gmail browsing on your Phone. This is a web browser optimized for one task: browse your Gmail account using your touch screen device. MobWebMail supports Screen auto-rotation, full-screen view, different zoom levels and downloading attachments. On the top of a very simple interface it allows the user to switch between gmail accounts/sessions with one click.

For people that know my other package macuco, the main differences are:
  • MobWebMail only allows to browse gmail
  • MobWebMail allows you to access multiple gmail accounts by keeping separate sessions with distinct set of cookies. You can switch between them with two clicks.
  • MobWebMail allows to download attachments
  • MobWebMail shows an indicator any time the browser is requesting more data from the server (not just while loading the first page like macuco).
  • MobWebMail does not use the standard Maemo UI (menus, task bar, close button, ...)

This is the link to the package page (but it is not ready yet).

p.s. MobWebMail is also available for the Symbian platform in the Ovi store.
You are the best. This is one awesome application. I've always wondered why the default email client couldn't look like this.

Will there be a future option to maximize or (in window) view?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Hi

I am glad you asked.

It only goes to the crochik.com web page the first time you run the application (until you sign in) and when you click new account (until you sign in).

It does not send any information to it. Right now this page is working as the about (and help in a near future). I plan to add a help icon later on. For instance, I have a way to allow you to reset the application (delete all the accounts and clear cookies) by addind a special link to that page (I removed it for now until I can write instructions)

The most important thing is that NO INFORMATION is sent or stored on my server. The auto login and switch between google accounts is all done using the "google cookies". I don't even mess with them - I just store them in separate "containers" so you can switch beteen accounts without having to login again.

Please make sure to ask for more details if I missed anything. Like you I like to know what is going on

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2011-03-23 at 15:38.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
I like it a lot (: it's really polished. The blinking effect on the bottom right icon does get on my nerves though :P

any tips or resources for using qtwebkit?
qt webkit is great and quite easy to get started. you can start by looking into the maemo/qt/webkit examples, and then move on to macuco source code and, even better, the arora source code.

One warning: it is adictive. Before long you will want to replace all your browers with your custom version

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Tags
gmail