Notices

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
I've modified the file and it seems to be working. Thanks!

I've found another bug: When in movie or audio library in any of the subitems (album artists, etc) if you start typing to search, the keyboard is hidden every time you type a letter, so in order to search for a full name it's very clumpsy since you have to type a letter, then get the focus back on the search widget to continue typing.
Great that the fix also works for you

The search field loosing focus was already reported in a Jolla Harbour comment and will be fixed in the upcoming version also. This is due to the the search field being part of the listview (which makes it move out of view when scrolling the list itself), so I had to move the search field around to fix it. Which means it will be part of the bottom part where a search button is already located, when clicking it the search field will be displayed above the bar.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Hi again,

Once again we've finished a new version. Version 1.5.1 is now available in both the Ubuntu store and OpenRepos, and will be available in Jolla Harbour in one of the upcoming days (it's submitted for approval).

There are a few common changes in both the Ubuntu and the Sailfish app. In both apps you're now able to make changes to a host, and there are some new, host specific, settings. All of these new settings are volume related and allow you to use a custom volume stepping, which is the same behavior as the app previously had, although you can now manually configure the step size (default is still 5). But there's now also the option to only send volume up and volume down messages to XBMC. This will for example allow you to change the volume of a CEC enabled AV receiver. And third there is the option to run an external script on the phone itself. This possibility has been available for a longer period of time, but was always hidden in the configuration files, and is now made visible in these host settings.
Furthermore the possibility to edit a host required the rewrite of some of the internals. This should make the host discovery a bit more stable and prevent some issues when you had for example two different XBMC hosts in different networks and both had the same IP address.

The Ubuntu app was also redesigned on top of the latest Ubuntu SDK. The most notable change due to this (as far as I know, because I didn't work on it ), is a new popup you can open from a bottom swipe. This contains a new, software controlled, volume bar, next to the already available use of the phones volume rocker. It furthermore contains the options for the currently playing item and the power menu.

On Sailfish' end there's only one bigger change, besides the common changes, which is the power dialog being replaced with a page which is reachable from the main screen using a swipe to the left. Furthermore the previously reported issues have been fixed. These include the search field lowing focus when the result list is updated, and the gesture pad not working when swiping to quickly after touching the pad.
Sadly I didn't find the time yet to implement a software based volume bar (needed for Jolla Harbour), but this is on the top of my list to implement in the next version.

Edit 12-8:
The update has just been accepted to Jolla Harbour, and can thus be updated using the Store app. However the same restrictions as before still apply (no volume control, no haptic feedback, no caller name for incoming call)

Last edited by RobertMe; 2014-08-12 at 08:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Is the Maemo 5 version of XBMCRemote compatible with versions of XBMC other than 11.0 as stated in post #1 of this thread? I'm using XBMCBuntu latest non-bleeding-edge release (XBMC 13.2 Aug 17, 2014 build).

I've been using the Harmattan version of XBMCRemote (1.3.0) and it works nicely my setup. (Thanks for this, BTW, very nice.)

So I thought I'd try the N900 version and got ver 1.1 from the Maemo repositories, but when connecting to the box the error I receive is:

Xbmcremote is designed to work with XBMC Eden (v11.0). It seems you have connected to an older version of XMBC. Please upgrade XBMC in order to use Xbmcremote.
Is this a known limitation, or is there a more recent version of Xbmcremote somewhere other than extras or extras-devel?

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
how about this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=354
Thanks for pointing this out. The N900 version works now and I got the incremental Harmattan N9 update as well.

Is the original poster no longer around to add this to the first post? Or even better to put the latest versions in maemo.org and openrepos repositories?

Last edited by robthebold; 2014-09-26 at 15:18. Reason: fix unwanted cut-n-paste weirdness in harmattan maemotalk app.]

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Hi

I've just installed kodimote 2.0.0. and I've noticed a bug in the settings page, there's an option below Pause video in phone call options that seems to be unreachable, even scrolling the settings page upwards.

Thanks for the update!

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. It has already been reported by someone else, who also send in a pull request. Will try to release a new version ASAP* (it's just the same options btw, there are no new ones).

* This depends a bit on mzanetti merging it etc, but I'll try to release a new version before the end of the weekend, with or without him

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Version 2.0.1, with the fix, has just been uploaded to OpenRepos/Warehouse, and is thus available now. I have also uploaded it to Jolla Harbour, were it will hopefully be accepted tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I copied conf file from xbmcremote when I found out, that I would need to type in IP MAC and password again I am not using Zeroconf or Airplay.

You think it would be good to place a note somewhere in openrepos that xmbcremote can be removed as kodimote is its sucessor and offering the same compatibility with Frodo and Gotham? Maybe along with some guide to move settings?

Just thinking out loud...

There will be one last Xbmcremote release, which will include an updated description (in the store) and an updated app with an in app notification to upgrade to Kodimote. But I want to be sure there are no remaining issues before advising all users to update (like the already fixed settings page not being fully visible, and this issue also needs to be fixed, although we both can't reproduce)

I don't know about moving settings (automatically) yet. As it feels a bit dirty to check if the Xbmcremote config file exists and then moving/copying it over. And it aren't that many settings, so the user should be able to enter them again. Unless you have Zeroconf disabled, it that case it would be some more work indeed. Although entering the MAC shouldn't be required anymore. When the MAC isn't known (which also happens on some systems, like OpenELEC) it now queries Kodi (or Xbmc) to get the MAC address.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post: