Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Markosib View Post
G'day Maemo's, I'm Mark and it's good to b here! I've had my N800 for about 18 months or so and have been using this site as a guest since. Now with the whole thing going mainstream and all the excitement, I've climbed aboard. I've been a Nokia fan since the 232...anybody remember? 232, 5800, 7650, 7650, N90, N80, N95 classic, N800, almost N97!, but now, soon.....N900!! I'm also an Apple fan but didn't wanted to join the Jesus Phone Club knowing the multitasking limitations on that platform. I can't code and have never used the terminal...
I'm loving Maemo none-the-less and hopin these new machines rock my world. I think igotta agree that S60 with it's millions of lines of code is now a bit tardy! Time to move on...
Welcome, Markosib!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ England
hey all im new here, you can call me nemo just want to say it's good to be part of a great group, hopefully getting my N810 in a week (gift ) and looking forward to seeing what i can do, not the techiest of people but so far i've been given great advice thanks...

Last edited by nemo88; 2009-09-04 at 18:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to nemo88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nemo88 View Post
hey all im new here, you can call me nemo just want to say it's good to be part of a great group, hopefully getting my N810 in a week (gift from girlfriend ) and looking forward to seeing what i can do, not the techiest of people but so far i've been given great advice thanks...
Welcome, Nemo, nice to hear from England!

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ England
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Welcome, Nemo, nice to hear from England!
hi Den thanks for the welcome great forum though

Last edited by nemo88; 2009-09-04 at 18:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemo88 For This Useful Post:
New member here. Can't wait to get my hands on that N900. Goodbye Blackberry, Sony X1, Iphone 3g. Hello new hotness!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mhotep For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mhotep View Post
New member here. Can't wait to get my hands on that N900. Goodbye Blackberry, Sony X1, Iphone 3g. Hello new hotness!
Welcome, Mhotep, to the forum. Hope you get an N900 very soon!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Bronx, New York
Hey maemo community... Active symbian s60 former n800 user gravitated to the forums for useful info on the next releases of maemo 5/6 and the new n900. Will have many questions!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ludio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ludio View Post
Hey maemo community... Active symbian s60 former n800 user gravitated to the forums for useful info on the next releases of maemo 5/6 and the new n900. Will have many questions!
Welcome, Ludio (former N800 user) to the forum.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Philippines
Greetings from the Philippines! Not exactly a "newly joined" member (registered last March), but only became active very recently, partly due to the N900. Hope I can get one soon (the price is very prohibitive and not sure if it will be available here). In the meantime, gonna continue enjoying my N810 and see what I can still do in Diablo and/or Mer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jucato For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Western Europe
Hi all!
I am a Freerunner user from Belgium. I have been trying Mer on my Freerunner recently and like it very much.
If the N900 will prove open enough to use it reliably as a phone under Mer, I'll be happy to buy one as well. This is part of why I'm trying to get Ofono to run on Mer on the Freerunner at the moment
I also have some experience with image processing, so I'm also interested in mobile augmented reality and the such.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joenix For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org