Originally Posted by frostbyte View Post
Might be slightly off topic, but cool nevertheless, VMware's virtualization
*clears throat*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNo6pn-dnSQ

Doubt it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Yeah!

If you use an "envelopes" style budget...

YNAB finally has an android app

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The plot thickens:

Latest filings in Oracle patent case spell trouble for Google

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The plot thickens:

Latest filings in Oracle patent case spell trouble for Google
ZDnet's over the top interpretation of the Powerpoint slide is quite amusing, and Florian's bloviating about bullet point 2 is just stupid. It reveals nothing we haven't known for ages.

It is handy to point at and say "this is why I don't participate in the Android world" however.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
ZDnet's over the top interpretation of the Powerpoint slide is quite amusing, and Florian's bloviating about bullet point 2 is just stupid. It reveals nothing we haven't known for ages.

It is handy to point at and say "this is why I don't participate in the Android world" however.
Hasn't ZDnet effectively become the new Sun supermarket tabloid for technology? I can't even describe it as a tabloid for geeks because it just makes them roll their eyes all the time.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Hasn't ZDnet effectively become the new Sun supermarket tabloid for technology? I can't even describe it as a tabloid for geeks because it just makes them roll their eyes all the time.
Pretty much. Once Upon A Time it was a good magazine, but it's just an ad-filled pit these days.

I am more bothered by Florian getting press though.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Pretty much. Once Upon A Time it was a good magazine, but it's just an ad-filled pit these days.

I am more bothered by Florian getting press though.
Honestly, I think it changed for the worse once Rupert Murdock bought out Ziff-Davis Publishing and then changed its whole personality from a publication that hobbyists and professionals liked... to a commercial, lame-brained, dumbed-down publication that feels like it's aimed at over-hyping toward executives and middle-managers--but that's just my impression. Most of the best people from those old days are still around elsewhere doing FAR better--but what a shame that the best talent USED to all come from there. Feh.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Honestly, I think it changed for the worse once Rupert Murdock bought out Ziff-Davis Publishing
Wait, wait. Rupert bought out Ziff-Davis?

I must have missed that. Say no more then.

Wait, wait. Rupert bought out Ziff-Davis?

I must have missed that. Say no more then.
I could be wrong but I clearly remember ZDTV being a Rupert Murdoch asset... and I thought the magazine was too--seems like maybe I was right?
http://ecommerce.hostip.info/pages/1...Davis-Inc.html

At any rate... yeah.. would solve THAT mystery, wouldn't it?

Netflix is officially available for all Android 2.2, and 2.3 devices
http://www.androidcentral.com/netfli...ning-22-and-23
MARKET LINK: http://market.android.com/details?id...ix.mediaclient

It's about damned time, already. Might be too late for them to save themselves from the droves of angry people that either left or are thinking of leaving because of their price hikes and faltering deals (like Starz). This one was stupid, knuckle-dragging DRM garbage, though.

I can confirm that it launches and plays fullscreen streaming video on both my Motorola Droid (which it already did, on Gingerbread, Android 2.3.4) and now also on my Samsung Galaxy Tab (running Froyo, Android 2.2).

I do notice a LOT of stuttering if you try to use bluetooth audio--perhaps they need to increase the video streaming buffer size so that the wifi streaming processing isn't interfering with the bluetooth streaming processing? Dunno--but on the whole, works great and looks great on my 480x854 Droid, looks only just "decent" on my 1024x600 Samsung Galaxy Tab (the higher resolution and larger screen naturally seems to bring out the blocky imperfections)--certainly more than good enough to watch something on-the-go.

Last edited by danramos; 2011-09-09 at 22:25. Reason: Fixed droid resolution error

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy