Notices

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Can DOSbox be compiled to use our 3D accelerator chip like the old 486s with Voodo cards? I really want to play system shock.

I doubt it, at least until you get fully-featured PowerVR driver (aka, never). But I have no real idea, so take what I've just written with a big mean bag of salt.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
You don't really need to be the maintainer to push a new package to Devel and, honestly, nobody gives a damn about the whole extras-testing-devel anymore.
Just if you want to promote it to testing and then to extras.

thanks for the tip. i had toyed with the idea of pushing it as dosbox-snapshot or something instead.

only outstanding element is making a decision on config files. as i'm building a snapshot, it defaults to saving config as dosbox-svn.conf instead of dosbox.conf. in the process it automatically removes any old config. i could add a pre-inst test for existing file and back it up or i could just say sod it and let user take care of it.

any thoughts?

I think you should just update it as direct upgrade to existing dosbox (aka, version bump, maemoX), as it fix issues (mouse out-of-boundaries things), have optimizations that make it run faster on our hardware, etc.

Why the hell should we, all of sudden, gets some other version of dosbox in repos, possibly confusing future users, and denying current ones of auto-update? -devel is just for that what you were doing by providing forum-attachment .debs. Your latest build if of -testing quality already, if not extras one.

Just push it to damn repos, I say

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Hey, why didn't you fire me a PM or something?

I just added you as maintainer of the dosbox package.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Autobuilder seems to be complaining about one of the patches at the moment. Snowed under with work commitments at the moment so it'll be later in the week before I can look at it properly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
After trying again last weekend, with autobuilder failing, I've had to do some work cleaning the source files. Somehow, the orig.tar.gz file had managed to get contaminated with files such as a .pc directory that said some patches were applied. God knows how, I never touch it.

After fixing that, it then started complaining about *.changes file not being valid. After fiddling around for a while its now in the queue! For those with my version from Dropbox, it should be identical, only changes are to do with packaging and simplifying rules file a bit, which still aren't perfect at cleaning autogen.sh generated files.

If I get time I'll update again to latest snapshot. Got some browser work to look at first.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: