Notices

I would like to know if someone can port Love2D on maemo
https://love2d.org/wiki/Building_L%C3%96VE

Will pay $20 if version 0.9.1 is succesfully ported and runs .love files/games

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Looks like this requires SDL2 which, I believe, is a blocker at the moment.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
last time i tried sdl2 that was indeed the case. can't remember the exact reason off the top of my head. if i get a chance i'll take another look.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
SDL2 build errors.
Default armel target hits an error relating to assembly "dmb ish" followed by garbage or something like that whilst building SDL_Thread.
Thumb target hits an error with SDL_Video.c:
Code:
In file included from include/SDL_opengles2.h:32:0,
                 from /home/user/Package/sdl/libsdl2-2.0.3/src/video/SDL_video.c:46:
/usr/include/GLES2/gl2.h:609:37: error: conflicting types for 'glTexImage2D'
In file included from include/SDL_opengles.h:32:0,
                 from /home/user/Package/sdl/libsdl2-2.0.3/src/video/SDL_video.c:41:
/usr/include/GLES/gl.h:756:25: note: previous declaration of 'glTexImage2D' was here
Still looking into it, this error has been seen before but not sure if a fix was found.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
With a few dirty hacks for SDL on thumb, like gles1 removed by flipping define in the configure script and adding missing defines for ULLONG_MAX (iirc) and a few others, I have a "build" to test. I need to go back and patch the opengles2 include to fix missing GLchar and then find some basic apps to test it on.

Love2D is still a way off as it needs devIL to be packaged and maybe some others.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shawnjefferson For This Useful Post:
must of missed that. Need to finish sdl work first though, convert my current changes to a patch and add another to fix glchar.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Quick status update. All packages built in thumb target.

SDL2: Built with GLES1 + 2. Not sure if a little hack I used works yet, nothing in test suite to use troublesome function AFAIK. All changes converted to patches, fully packaged. There's been a few "lock ups" whilst running certain test apps but I can't tell if it is locking up the system or just blocking messages to the window manager.

libdevil: Built 1.7.8 with most of Jessie's patches except lcms2. Our version doesn't contain pkgconfig files so was not detected. Reworked our 1.7.5 packaging. PITA to build compared to a lot of the other packages due to virtual libgl-dev/freeglut3-dev wanting to remove other packages I was using for something else.

Love2D: Building experimental GLES branch. Packaging needed if it works.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
So close...

Code:
libtool: link: arm-linux-gnueabi-ranlib .libs/liblove.a
libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/liblove.lax
/scratchbox/tools/bin/sed: can't read /usr/src/toolchain_build/output/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive
Anyone got any ideas? It seems to be picking up the compile information from gcc and using that:
Code:
config.log:Configured with: ../../sources/gcc-linaro-4.7-2012.07/configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-ppl=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-build-sysroot=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/libc --with-sysroot=/ --with-build-time-tools=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/bin --enable-threads --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libgomp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared --enable-symvers=gnu --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-nls --with-gmp=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-mpfr=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-mpc=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --enable-cloog-backend=isl --with-ppl=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-cloog=/usr/src/toolchain_build/output/ --with-host-libstdcxx='-lstdc++ -lsupc++ -lm' --with-arch=armv7-a --with-cpu=cortex-a8 --with-tune=cortex-a8 --with-fpu=neon --with-float=softfp --with-mode=arm

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Do you have libstdc++ as build dependency? I would hope this is the package providing libstdc++.la file.

If it's a problem of improperly hard-coded directories, read here:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-318790.html
Hopefully, it helps, because I cannot follow it.

Thank you. Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
devil, sdl on thumb, tmo is the best