Active Topics

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Bremen, Germany
Will Sailfish Secure be a fork of Sailfish OS? I hope not and Jolla will not start fragmenting their own brand.

The Following User Says Thank You to max_power For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Looks a bit like swipe ui, YEAH
If they made it configurable so that you could replace the 'partner screen' with the app grid and set the order of the three panels we'd almost be back to where the N9 was.

Heise has also a shirt little demo video :http://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldung...0-2562600.html

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
i think it looks pretty nice. not sure how i like long swips. could be too long and too slow on a tablet. buttons might be faster but we will see. swips on nexus 7 is pretty slow (becouse of size) compared to buttons.

true nultitasking requrires multi windows so that the device isnt slowuing down the user. split screen fearure might be a nice first step to multiwindows. looking forward to that feature.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Have you used U11?
I haven't experienced single 'app freeze' (memory management kicking in) since U11 (unlike U9 and U10).

No additional GB needed, just the fine tuning.
maybe i used confusing terminology.

i thought they achieved this fix by essentially making apps not-live (i.e. frozen status), when they weren't full screened.

which is to say that Sailfish no longer had 'true' multi-tasking...

since they are now boasting about "true multi-tasking" for the tablet at MWC15, i wondered if the extra GB of tablet memory had allowed them to make apps live again whether full screened or otherwise?

i also note specific reference to the Intel X3 line (i.e. bay trail + mali GPU).

if so, i hope this includes the high-end X3 with four cores, lte, and the 7 series mali GPU.

i also wonder what the omission of X5 and X7 says about the new cherry trail SKU's with the intel Gen8 GPU...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
maybe i used confusing terminology.

i thought they achieved this fix by essentially making apps not-live (i.e. frozen status), when they weren't full screened.

which is to say that Sailfish no longer had 'true' multi-tasking...

since they are now boasting about "true multi-tasking" for the tablet at MWC15, i wondered if the extra GB of tablet memory had allowed them to make apps live again whether full screened or otherwise?
Not sure where you got that information from. Apps are not freezing (not-live/frozen status) when not fullscreened nor there has ever been any plan to do so (AFAIK).

Source?

the important thing for me is that i can access the events view from anywhere

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
This is something someone might have missed:

Jolla phone running SailfishOS 2.0

It is just a few seconds in the end of a video for a Czech tech site, but you can clearly see the new interface.

Highlights:
  • new swipe animation
  • status bar always visible on the home screen
  • app launcher accessible by swiping from the bottom (see the white indicator at the bottom of the screen)

EDIT: Second video showing v2.0 on the phone here.

Last edited by nodevel; 2015-03-02 at 16:30.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
man i wanna run the tablet interface on my phone with tokbd

Tags
jolla, nokia