Active Topics

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Hi,

I have been having a few issues with my beloved N9 lately. I suspect it is related to a bug in tracker, but I couldn't find any help in the numerous threads here.

It is now impossible for me to add a contact or to modify an existing contact. When I add a contact, enter its name and phone number, and then press "Save", the app gets stuck. If I close it, and reopen the contact app, the contact has been created with the correct name, but none of the information is inside.

Also, I have sometimes issues in the conversation app. Sometimes, when I receive a sms from some contacts (not all), the wrong name is associated. It seems that all (or at least most) sms received from unknown sender are inside the same conversation, despite being sent from different phone numbers.

And this is really, really annoying. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Known bug of N9.

Afaik there is no cure.
Reset tracker, hereby loosing all contacts/messages seems to have been the only 'solution'. (and backing up/restoring on N9 is really pita)
Take that with a grain of salt, as I never ran into such prob (knock on wood) and do not know if someone found a better/easier solution.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
Thanks for your reply. So not long term fix, only a hard reset waiting for the issue to show up again... I was hoping that the community managed to update tracker to a newer version which would have fixed the bug...

Thanks anyway, the hard reset worked for now. For someone who might be facing the same problem :
Open a terminal :
Code:
devel-su
tracker-control --hard-reset

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by AGui View Post
I was hoping that the community managed to update tracker to a newer version which would have fixed the bug...
Are you sure its bug in tracker code, and some released revision(or patches) fixes it?
If so, share links to them, and I will try to recompile updated tracker then.