Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
where's the post from?

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
where's the post from?
N9vsN950

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=62

EDIT: Now dsmobile at mynokiablog confirms it’s indeed 4.0!

Last edited by zymo; 2011-07-29 at 15:10.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
EDIT: Now dsmobile at mynokiablog confirms it’s indeed 4.0!
Yeah I saw that, but he's only seen the N9 a few months back.
He doesn't still have access to one, does he?
He's gotta say a bit more than just... "It has BT4.0"

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
is it possible to find out if the n9 has bt 4.0 with a command or something like that? e.g. if i would have a n9, how could i find out which bt version is implemented?

It won't be tricky determining whether it has BT4 or not. What is tricky...
Is finding someone w/a N9 (that's running a recent build), who's willing leak that info

It's bizarre that BT4 support wasn't pronounced at the official launch, & placed on the website etc.
I guess they couldn't because it wasn't done, & they weren't sure if they'd have it done in time etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-31 at 15:35.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Is finding someone w/a N9 (that's running a recent build), who's willing leak that info

It's bizarre that BT4 support wasn't pronounced at the official launch, & placed on the website etc.
I guess they couldn't because it wasn't done, & they weren't sure if they'd have it done in time etc.
n9 is on tour in sweden and today they where in my town. first they decide goto the beach. Then they planned to visit city but I guess they decided to not cause it seem there where to less people out in city.

so i missed them. Hoped to see/test the damn device now I am

http://n9pilot.se/

have to wait two ****ing months until release

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
I imagine that bt4 support is atleast planned on N9, not so sure if it gets in. The bluetooth.org page and the original N9/50 differences list hint that (it later got edited and mention of bt4 support was removed). But probably the software/driver support wouldn't be on the first release firmware anyway.
I wonder how a short time before they start manufacturing they need to have all the parts? If the bt4 support depends on the availability of TI WL1273L chip, then it can't be very long...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I imagine that bt4 support is atleast planned on N9, not so sure if it gets in. The bluetooth.org page and the original N9/50 differences list hint that (it later got edited and mention of bt4 support was removed). But probably the software/driver support wouldn't be on the first release firmware anyway.
I wonder how a short time before they start manufacturing they need to have all the parts? If the bt4 support depends on the availability of TI WL1273L chip, then it can't be very long...
are u saying it was removed sounds like they decided to not have it in meego maybe it is as rummored. Meaans they use almost same hw on first wp **** but with bt4.0 chip and possible hdmi

^ No he's saying it seems like dvr/fw support may not be there at release.
Just a guess, but I tend to agree with him...

He's also saying if it uses TI's WL1273L, given that chip isn't available till round the same time the N9's due...
It must be possible to throw it in at the last minute... once the manufacturing run starts etc.

Of course they may have had prototypes of the chip & doco much earlier on.
For the fw/dvr dev work needed for certification etc.

Oh and Searay will be using entirely diff. SoC...
I'd be surprised if they've deliberately killed features in N9, so that only Searay can have them.
But if proof of that comes out I'll be very pissed. In fact I'll be done with Nokia.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-08-01 at 16:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth

ok, then tell me how to find it out... maybe i can speak with someone who has a N9...