Poll: Quanta costa? (inc VAT and shipping)
Poll Options
Quanta costa? (inc VAT and shipping)

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Next month I will have my hands full with assembling the last 60 keyboards. But since parts from China take about a month to deliver, I can start thinking about a future project.

Yesterday I made this:

There has been a few people that made a wireless charging OH, but no projects have resulted in production.... So, like the keyboard, why not?!

The design I now have fits very nice and add just 1mm (thickness of charging pad) and with my new printer I would be able to make it in just about every color. Currently available (moar to come): black, white, orange,natural/transparent, natural+glow-in-the-dark
So, what colors would you guys like?

I have not yet thought about a price. I would make the OH with the charging receiver, the pad people can purchase from ebay or where-ever.
To break it down: my printer takes 90 minute per unit (highest quality setting), it takes me another 20 minutes to clean it up, assemble, test, package, do administration etc. Charging pads cost about 3-8 dollars, filament cost is a couple of euro's, shipping and packaging another few euro's and 21% is gone to VAT.
I can only print 9 per day, so making it very cheap to sell more is not beneficial to me. Also, making the price higher gives me the option to buy more stuff to test and develop other products (I have a million ideas!).
So considering all that, what should it cost?

Again, I would make a large batch and then afterwards put all my files online. (CAD and parts list)

PLEASE VOTE! #allcaps #yolo

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-29 at 14:38.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
So, please vote!

Last edited by dirkvl; 2014-03-29 at 14:29.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I would definitely be buying to support projects like this.

Great job!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I am would love to buy one, especially that glow in the dark option sounds amazing!
Plus supporting your ideas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qrosh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
"ONE MILLION DOLLARS"

"mwuhahahaha!!!!!!"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Hi,

I am from India and I paid more than what I earn in a month to buy a Jolla from someone in Europe (a second hand). I am not a developer, but still I got this, because i liked the idea of a few people standing up for what they believed! I like your idea and would definitely support you!

(By the way, is there anything to increase the sound, like additional effects speakers in one of those million ideas of yours? Just wondering!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
(By the way, is there anything to increase the sound, like additional effects speakers in one of those million ideas of yours? Just wondering!)
Someone should start this BOOMBASTIC-TOH thread here.
I have made some tests -not so succesfull yet- and afaik there are others doing the same thing under invisibility cloaks.

Passive enhancement or Active speakers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
The orange one in the picture is nice. A blue-greenish-N9-colour (cyan was it?) would also be cool. In any case, I'd definitely sign up for one, so the minute you set up a preorder list I'm in!

The Following User Says Thank You to solbrit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Someone should start this BOOMBASTIC-TOH thread here.
I have made some tests -not so succesfull yet- and afaik there are others doing the same thing under invisibility cloaks.

Passive enhancement or Active speakers
boomtastic-oh would be awesome! a shame they did not put pogo-pins connected to L/R under there...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
"ONE MILLION DOLLARS"

"mwuhahahaha!!!!!!"
"One million and ONE dollars"

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla toh, wireless charge