Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ New York, NY
I unchecked and checked the Enable JavaScript checkbox and still the same, cannot login. If anyone has the solution, let us know.

Jose Vargas

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ A quiet place.
For the record, I can say that lots of people have been having problems accessing Yahoo mail. For one thing, ypops doesn't work anymore (at least it didn't yesterday), and the webmail extension for Thunderbird also failed until an upgraded add-on was released yesterday. So, at least as far as Yahoo goes, they've made some changes on their end that have had repercussions in other areas.

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
guys, please look at my posting #15 on this tread. As you can see this problem is wider than N800/810.
I'm wondering if any of you has contacted Nokia, as I have. They told me that they had never received any call regarding this issue? REally? And yet, I keep getting emails from other N800 users having the same problem.

Just like Runforlife, I have tried and nothing happens, and yes if I login using my Mac, XP no problem.

I just received my N810 and when I tried to login to my Yahoo I got a message saying that "This browser is not compatible to login to Yahoo", unless I wanted to go as View Classic one time only". What the heck is this?

So, I followed the steps, and it worked on the 810.

How do you select "Classic View" using N800 in Yahoo.

Then, I went and tried to login using my N800 and wouldn't you know it worked. But I think this was a wild luck, because I think the problem still pretty much permanent.

I don't have any problem using N800 login to my gmail, hotmail (MSFT), but Yahoo no

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I don't know if this relates to the Yahoo issues some are having but I just wanted to mention that with some sites when the login screen pops up you still have to position/tap the cursor in the text box. I have no login problems with any of the sites I visit but am not a Yahoo user. I'm a Linux user, desktop and on our beloved tablet. The few times I've been prevented from loging into a site the cause was that the site was Microsoft oriented and used proprietary Active-X instead of Javascript to code the login. In that case a Windows computer could log in but the tablet wouldn't be able to. The Active-X issue can also come into play when playing media on the web.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I use Yahoo Mail many times on a daily basis, on an N800 and an N810. I have had no problems.

If you take one person who can't log on to ANYTHING and someone else who just can't log on to Yahoo Mail and say "Look, we have the same problem!!" well, that kind of thinking can prove anything.

All of you who are having this problem, try flashing, which should get you Diablo, and then tell us whether you have the problem.

Oh, and "how do you use classic view on an n800"??

Try following Yahoo's instructions. It really shouldn't take you a million years or anything.

I'm avoiding flash for now because that means you also have to download .NET, and my eee is full.

Flash has nothing to do with Microsoft .NET. Flash ver 10 is about 10MB and the version in the tablet is 460KB.

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

I'm avoiding flashing the unit because that means having to download .NET and my eee PC is full.

That download uses HTTP which is already in your browser. See http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...-firmware.html

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Pacific NW
Geneven,

I do have Diablo and have uploaded the latest version as well, but still I'm having the same problem to a point.

You suggested earlier to try to use Classic View.

Can you tell me how I can do the selection using the tablet? I think I've seen it from my desktop.

Also, I just received my N810 and tried to get on line while at a public place, and once I entered Yahoo's site I got a message saying " This browser is not compatible with Yahoo. you can click *here for one time only", which I click and was able to login. and has access to my email accounts. And think there was something mentioned about Classic View but it was removed very quickly.

Please note this happened using the N810, so I am suspecting that Geneven might be right, there is something about the way I am viewing Yahoo.

I wonder why I didn't get this message while using the N800?

Tags
emails, yahoo