Active Topics

Hi everyone, I got a N9 and it's been a month that when i plugged it on my computer, it's only charging, my computer won't recognize my phone, i can't select synchronise or usb storage, it won't give me a choice even after i put on setting "always ask" or "synch", so i wanna if someone know how to fix it?
Thank you

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Have you tried another USB port ? Some PC's have USB 1.0 in front and USB 2.0 in the back.

Yeah I tried every usb port, I even tried on my laptop, only charging, I tried to restaure setting and clean the phone, still charging.
And it was working before on all those usb port.

Which operating system are you using?

Can you still connect over wi-fi?

I am not a windows expert, but if Linux I would recommend accessing your phone using ssh / sftp, rather than USB. (Not a fix for your USB problem, but it is easier and you can transfer files to your phone while it is in your pants pocket in another room

Thx for the sub solution, but I need to connect my phone to my computer, still doesn't work.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Assume you are using the cable that came with the N9?

Have you tried another computer.

Hi,

Yes I tried on another computer, still the same result.

I went into the system files, i found usb-moded.ini

In this file :

[mountpoints]
mount = /dev/mmcblk0p1

#you can add more filesystems to the mount otpion, by making it a comma-separated list.

[sync]
nofua = 1

[altmount]
mount = /home/user/MyDocs

[cdrom]
path=
timeout=

If it may help.

Thanks.

Hi, the problem comes from the phone, I tried another N9 on my computer, it works fine, so still don't know what's the problem and how to solve it.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
As asked before:

Which operating system are you using?

Can you still connect over wi-fi?

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philadelphia
A for sure solution would be to wipe and reflash the OS. This usually solves my mysterious issues.