Originally Posted by chiappa View Post
i installed it just had to install a bunch of python packets first.

i dunno if it's related to the app but i had to enter all my passwords again after reboot. anyone else experienced the same?

anyway, great mod and looks to be working nicely in the end! thank you very much admiral0
No, no problem with passwords after installing of this apps ... and I have istalled and removed it few times and restarted many times too (since installing it) ... it works just great now

What do you mean about amount of used RAM?
My Standby screen display > 80%, but it don't run anything.

Originally Posted by accountvip View Post
What do you mean about amount of used RAM?
My Standby screen display > 80%, but it don't run anything.
I'm pretty sure it takes into account any caching. You know, how most modern operating systems more efficiently use RAM instead of it being left empty doing nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post:
I installed it, rebooted but nothing shows up on the lock screen but the clock. Do I need to do anything else?

Edit: nevermind, it magically started working as it was sitting next to me idle.

Last edited by legoman666; 2012-01-28 at 04:36.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I installed it, rebooted but nothing shows up on the lock screen but the clock. Do I need to do anything else?

Edit: nevermind, it magically started working as it was sitting next to me idle.
Yes, it seems pop us very slowly after restart, but then it is OK ...

About RAM, I think that OS will take care it - it use all what it can, as well as it can ... I can not see any point for that number for an ordinary user (I can not see any point for used space either, because it is so easy to check through settings, when needed - who want check it every day ? ) ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-01-28 at 07:07.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
As i said in the other thread, starting is slow mainly because it's python and with low priority. V2.0 (in C++) should be faster...

Originally Posted by admiral0 View Post
As i said in the other thread, starting is slow mainly because it's python and with low priority. V2.0 (in C++) should be faster...
A slow appearing after restart is just fine with me (maintain a low power consumption is more important) ... it works just great ...

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
I'm pretty sure it takes into account any caching. You know, how most modern operating systems more efficiently use RAM instead of it being left empty doing nothing.
What's usually cached is recently computed/produced data. For example, if you run the find command twice, the second time it often returns almost immediately, because the output (assuming no intermediate changes that would alter the result) is copied from the cache, rather than being generated as it was the first time.

However, this allocation is very low priority from the system's perspective and the memory is freed the moment it is needed.

Lastly, IIRC to find a good estimate of "free" (allocable) RAM, you take the value from the line of the command cat /proc/meminfo command containing "MemFree:" and add to it the values from lines containing "Buffers:" and "Cached:"

Hi,

I installed it but its not showing the full part of system info, the right part its not shown.

Do I need any other tweak or app ??

Thanks!!!

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 293 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Short answer: reinstall
Long answer: your system css has been modified after install by you or another application.

Other possibility: you didn't reboot yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to admiral0 For This Useful Post: