Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
SRTP would only work for VOIP calls, wouldn't it?
But yes, I can see your point there. At least we should everyone decide for themselves what's confidential for them or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Renkon For This Useful Post:
Yep. But according to last month's call timers, i already do have voip calls twice the amount of cellular ones ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to arkanoid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Hey btw, I've thought about the silent call feature they mentioned in the 26C3 discussion. This won't work for us N900 users.
The battery would be dead in 2-3 hours xD

(Stopping offtopic for now )

I'm leaving this here for anyone who's interested in the background of my request. This is a streamdump from the 26C3 (in english):

Mp4 File (FTP) ~ 800 megs
Mp4 File (Bittorrent)

Last edited by Renkon; 2010-01-04 at 21:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to Renkon For This Useful Post:
Yea, I would like to also know if chosen GSM encryption is A5/1 or not (e.g. A5/0 or A5/2). I looked into dbus files, but do not see anything...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Yea, I would like to also know if chosen GSM encryption is A5/1 or not (e.g. A5/0 or A5/2). I looked into dbus files, but do not see anything...
in DK its A5/1 one way to find out is setting up a cheap RTL-SDR and capture packets. Its trivial to do and can be seen - dont need decryption for that part.
Another thing, to decrypt, you need not just the mentioned rainbow tables, but also the K key and IMSI of the SIM/device

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
in DK its A5/1 one way to find out is setting up a cheap RTL-SDR and capture packets. Its trivial to do and can be seen - dont need decryption for that part.
Another thing, to decrypt, you need not just the mentioned rainbow tables, but also the K key and IMSI of the SIM/device
I know...

But my question is if N900/Maemo can tell if currently used encryption is A5/1 (or less-secure A5/2, A5/0). Old Nokia phones show some "open lock" icon in status area in this case. So I'm thinking if something similar cannot be done on N900/Maemo...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I know...

But my question is if N900/Maemo can tell if currently used encryption is A5/1 (or less-secure A5/2, A5/0). Old Nokia phones show some "open lock" icon in status area in this case. So I'm thinking if something similar cannot be done on N900/Maemo...
hmm would be cool.
Does RIL have some log that can be read/contains info on this, which could be used?

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Some information on how to enable/disable/query encryåtion, using AT commands.
http://www.jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/..._Android/pdf_4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Some information on how to enable/disable/query encryåtion, using AT commands.
http://www.jmeds.eu/index.php/jmeds/..._Android/pdf_4
Those AT commands are not implemented on N900 :-( Tested, they just return ERROR.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I know all the dbus interfaces supported by the N900 cellular subsystems (even if there are many that haven't been completly identified) and there is nothing whatsoever that looks like it might be related to GSM encryption in any way (or to any of the other related terms that apply to GSM encryption/security)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: