Active Topics

I just got the WSOD, vertical bars to white. The computer seems to be running fine, just not the screen. My 770 is less than a month old and today I was preparing to move the OS to my brand new MMCmobile, backup being one of the reasons. Too late, LOL.

I'm running VMware Player for Windows as a virtual Ubuntu-5.10 OS. I can see the MMC's FAT and Linux partitions. They're empty except for the swapfile, of course. I believe there's a way to use TAR to move internal's FAT and Linux "partitions" over to the MMC, but can this be done virtually from my PC's keyboard and screen?

Ref: "Now it's time to clone the whole original system!" at the bottom of this page. If so, the exact line(s) I need to type into the virtual terminal would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lessons learned: probably shoulda installed ssh

I still think there's a way to do the clone. flasher-2.0 is writing to the internals so it should be able to read the internals also. The command line syntax is at the bottom of this page.

Thanks to anyone who might help me.

I think the silence is the answer -- the internal files cannot be cloned virtually given the constraints.

I'll probably run the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard to return everything to (I think) the as-received condition right before I return it for my refund. This is in case I had Remember Me settings for forums, VoIP clients, etc, although I can't remember if I did.