Can't sync to Google? Are you kidding me? I'm out $600 now because this lump of plastic can't do what my 4 year old E series can do. I can't even fathom this.

Sorry for my tone, but this is unbelievable.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-04-02 at 02:10. Reason: language

The Following User Says Thank You to moshbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Take a number, have a seat.

The only difference with this post is, people swear the crap out of their hearts when they realize the N900 can't G sync and come here for company. You started your rant here ...

Go cry to a Droid? You didn't buy a Google device, you bought a Nokia device, this Nokia device can check Gmail/Gtalk/GoogleVoice, but its not running Google software. You do realize that Google is the company that releases Google Sync/Gmail app/Google Maps and not Nokia?

Originally Posted by dragon_788 View Post
Go cry to a Droid? You didn't buy a Google device, you bought a Nokia device, this Nokia device can check Gmail/Gtalk/GoogleVoice, but its not running Google software. You do realize that Google is the company that releases Google Sync/Gmail app/Google Maps and not Nokia?
Yea!! This is why the N900 can sync with Nokia Ovi Services!
Emmmm NOOTTT !

The Following User Says Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
Check out Nuevasync.

The Following User Says Thank You to instigator For This Useful Post:
Yes, nuevasync works perfectly for me too. Simple to set up and free for contacts and one calendar. Set it with Mail for Exchange and forget it!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by moshbox View Post
Can't sync to Google? Are you kidding me? I'm out $600 now because this lump of plastic can't do what my 4 year old E series can do. I can't even fathom this.

Sorry for my tone, but this is unbelievable.
Calm down!

Yes, you can sync to Google. I do.

You need to go into settings then Mail For Exchange.

Enter the following settings:

Then select to Sync emails, contacts and calendars, and set a frequency onpeak and offpeak.

You can't use Exchange to sync tasks. These are Google's limitations that apply to all devices including your old E series - see here http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=147951

Last edited by cazzajay; 2010-04-02 at 09:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to cazzajay For This Useful Post:
I've tried these settings multiple times and still cannot get my N900 to sync with gmail. I must say, it is pretty frustrating to spend so much on a phone that cant do what other lesser phones can.