Notices

The Advanced Geocaching Tool got an update (0.5.2). For the original announcement, click here.

Just to clarify, downloading geocaches is possible without a premium membership at geocaching.com. However, a bug prevented downloading of geocaches with negative latitude or longitude.

Updates include:
* Fixed downloading of geocaches.
* Adaptions to new geocaching.com layout (downloading hints works again).
* Fixes in the 'calc'-feature.
* You can now type a waypoint in the 'notes' tab and it will be listed in the waypoints
* You can select a waypoint and have it shown on the map (great for solved mystery caches)

Again, please report any bugs at the bugtracker. This way, I will get an e-mail notification and be able to fix your bug faster. I just occasionally check this thread.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Please make sure you install version 0.5.2, 0.5.1 is buggy. There is some repository confusion about the versions right now, so please be patient until 0.5.2 appears in your program manager :-)

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mississauga, ON Canada
0.5.2 not showing up for me yet. looking forward to it!

Finally it is in the repositories. Waiting for your feedback and standing by to fix bugs as soon as possible :-)

And if you're happy with this version, please vote for the karma.

Last edited by webhamster; 2010-04-12 at 08:29.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Thanks, works really well!

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
Just brilliant, now I'm never going to get anything done

I have looked in to geocaching before but never got drawn in. Then along comes your application. After installation and a quick scout about I was off and I spent the next 8 hours finding 6 caches. This application is so easy to use.

The only problems I have are:

Reading the tiny map but I know there is nothing you can do to change this.

I have yet to discover how to mark the caches as found.

When downloading the overview, if zoomed in too far, I'm am prompted to select a smaller area, when in fact a larger area is required.

The application has crashed out when selecting from the drop-down menu on a couple of occasions.

Please could you update the wiki page.

Keep up the good work, I'm not sure how you could make this app any better.

Originally Posted by spoonbuddy View Post
Just brilliant, now I'm never going to get anything done

I have looked in to geocaching before but never got drawn in. Then along comes your application. After installation and a quick scout about I was off and I spent the next 8 hours finding 6 caches. This application is so easy to use.

The only problems I have are:

Reading the tiny map but I know there is nothing you can do to change this.

I have yet to discover how to mark the caches as found.

When downloading the overview, if zoomed in too far, I'm am prompted to select a smaller area, when in fact a larger area is required.

The application has crashed out when selecting from the drop-down menu on a couple of occasions.

Please could you update the wiki page.

Keep up the good work, I'm not sure how you could make this app any better.
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback.

You can mark caches as found either if you post a "found it" fieldnote or when you have logged it at geocaching.com and you update the overview afterwards.

What did you select when the application crashed?

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Thanks, found caches now marked and uploaded,

The drop down option that crashes out to desktop is 'Last Search Result'

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Merseyside
I'm having trouble with it as when the arrow is showing I can only see 'target' and I can't see 'details' or 'map'. Its making it really hard for me to use, and it looks great. I like the fact I don't have to download a pocket query to use it.

ETA: Just realised why, I made the fonts bigger due to the fact that I struggled reading anyones contact details. Problem is I had to make them all bigger as I wasn't sure which part to alter for the contacts. Oh poo
Attached Images

Last edited by misty; 2010-04-29 at 16:09.

Originally Posted by misty View Post

ETA: Just realised why, I made the fonts bigger due to the fact that I struggled reading anyones contact details. Problem is I had to make them all bigger as I wasn't sure which part to alter for the contacts. Oh poo
I struggle reading some stuff especially contacts numbers. I have started carrying a magnifying glass to read the geocaching maps as I would have for paper OS maps but find it all adds to the experience

Last edited by spoonbuddy; 2010-04-29 at 17:34. Reason: clarification