Rejected Ovi advertisements shoehorned into a fail webcomic... THIS is what they were hyping for weeks???

This is worse than Angryman

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Also... why does it say,"Using Maps - only on Ovi by Nokia?" Isn't there a Maps on Google? You know..a Google Maps and Google Navigation to go with it for the turn-by-turn directions? I always hate the way promotional material feels the need to sound exclusive about something that isn't.

I really don't understand, why hype this ****?
Is the Ovi Team really that full of bad taste and illogic?

This must be some sort of sick joke on N900 users

Ahem. http://www.namedevelopment.com/blog/...okia_laid.html

That last bit hit me as particularly appropriate, given the Angry Man:
"On top of that, in Ohio, OVI stands for 'Operating a vehicle while impaired.'"

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
The "Comic" idea might work if the end users had any sort of affection for Ovi, as they would then be more willing to see the "funny" side to this "bit of fun". However as Ovi is pretty much reviled (certainly by N900 users - 75% at last count) this unfunny venture is instead considered somewhat distasteful, even patronising, certainly puerile.

Unfortunately the mere existence of this "Comic" idea leads me to believe that the people behind Ovi have absolutely no idea how badly they are perceived by end users, which is *extremely* worrying. Instead of trying to engage with end users and address the very severe issues at the root of Nokias abject failure to compete in services at the high end, they waste their time pumping out this kind of cr@p.

Head. In. Sand.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Also... why does it say,"Using Maps - only on Ovi by Nokia?" Isn't there a Maps on Google? You know..a Google Maps ...
Because "Maps" is the name of the program (or maybe was, as it might be called "Ovi Maps" these days), Google's similar offering is called "Google Maps"

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I hope Ms.Niini and the team are not put off by the more emotional comments in this thread and instead continues to make use of it (and this forum) as a valuable channel for feedback and open communication.

I, for one, appreciates that a Nokia representative takes the time to plop his/her head in here to say hello to us
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Because "Maps" is the name of the program (or maybe was, as it might be called "Ovi Maps" these days), Google's similar offering is called "Google Maps"
Heh... but that's not how it reads on there. Maps? Unique to Ovi?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I hope Ms.Niini and the team are not put off by the more emotional comments in this thread and instead continues to make use of it (and this forum) as a valuable channel for feedback and open communication.

I, for one, appreciates that a Nokia representative takes the time to plop his/her head in here to say hello to us
Actually feeling as insulted by the OVI team with this Bull***** in the same way that iPhone 4 users can be insulted by Steve Jobs telling people how to hold a phone. The level of ignorance is the same in all this and realistically, if you want to hype something up, then make sure its something damn good. Not a lame P.O.S cartoon, thats not funny and rubs salt on N900 users. Absolutely distasteful in every sense of the word.

I wonder where Ms Niini is now? Is there any "Official" word from Nokia/OVI on some levels of support for N900? Or the fact that they blotched up the OVI store, stopped decent software from being released (on time - such as Angry Birds Level Packs, Docs to Go, 3D Rollercoaster) and releasing some dumb***** "Angryman" application thats not worth the electricity used to run it.

Personally, I would like to see an apology directly from OVI just on this matter. Yes, I am going a bit overboard and like the Angry Man in the picture - but I am sure as shite not happy with the way that us customers are being treated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bchliu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
On Android, the Google Maps app is also called just 'Maps'

And the same thing goes for every official Google XYZ app just being called 'XYZ' (Earth, Goggles etc)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?