http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/02/t...e-tablet-netb/

* 9.4" x 7" x 1.4" for 2 lbs (with keyboard)
* ARM Texas Instruments OMAP3 chip
* 1024x600 8.9'' screen
* Storage: 8GB micro SD card
* Wifi 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth
* 3-dimensional accelerometer
* Speakers, micro and headphone
* 6 USB 2.0 (3 internal, 2 external, 1 mini)
* 10h to 15 hours of battery life

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voltron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
a somewhat interesting design

to bad its US pre-order only...

Very much considering it. Same hardware profile as the pandora. 7 inch screen is a little on the big side. Would rather this type of form factor with a 5 inch screen to be able to fit into a cargo pocket. Definitely thinking of trying out one. and 15 days no questions asked return policy makes it ridiculously tempting.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It looks super-interesting to me. The price is right. The battery life is right. The size is ok by me -- I'll keep my N810 for pocketable moments that my Centro doesn't take care of.

In fact, it is within impulse-buy range, for strong impulses. I need to see some early hands-on reviews, though. It looks better than the Pandora as far as I'm concerned -- I have no particular interest in using one of these things for gaming.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I call it a prank. It was believeable to the point where it says 'the whole screen is magnetic for mounting on a fridge'.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
it's not that unbelievable because the htc advantage (what, you americans don't have the advantage available in your country, or am i missing something???) doeas also have a magnetic screen...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Magnetic mounting isn't too weird... I put velcro on the back of my tablet, for sticking it to the back of a car seat...

I'll take one, but only after they actually make it. I bet this will either not be shipped till summer or it may just be a hoax.

9" ARM Mertop FTW!

More info on Gizmodo -- they got a preview with mockup hardware.

Yeah, I'm probably hanging on till I see some reviews of the final hardware, so not preordering yet, but this could be worth grabbing. (Also, financial constraints might make me pick between this and the RX-51, so it would be nice to see where the dpad is on that. If it's concealed like the N810, I'm likely to go for this and keep my N8x0s for tablet usage; if it's fixed, I'm upgrading tablets and keeping the venerable 701.)

What I really want is one of these, but with a 7" or less screen and/or 1280x800ish resolution.

(BTW, looks to me like the keyboard just might be USB + power -- if so, one could make a holder for the N800 to slot into that keyboard... Interesting, and it would finally win the World Bezel Championship from the 7" Eees! OTOH, I can get a small USB keyboard and battery pack, and a roll of duct tape, elsewhere for less than $100...)

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
More info on Gizmodo -- they got a preview with mockup hardware.
It'll all be fun and games till somebody loses an eye.

I'll take two, please.

Tags
baby's arm, holding an apple