Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia's event page for Mobile World Conference is up. It includes couple of Maemo related items. "Apps for Maemo" is one of the four topics at Nokia's demo area. Nice to see Maemo apps included in a selection that has Nokia's key service projects (Ovi Maps, Nokia Money and CMW).

Ari Jaaksi will also speak about "The new device market place". Looks like Nokia won't offer livestream from the event. EDIT: Actually there will be two livecasts. See post below.
Link to event page

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-02-12 at 17:59.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi

I will be next week in MWC. I heard some time ago that Nokia was not planning to have a booth. Is it true? Does anybody know if there will be any Maemo presence?

Originally Posted by cnavarro View Post
Hi

I will be next week in MWC. I heard some time ago that Nokia was not planning to have a booth. Is it true? Does anybody know if there will be any Maemo presence?
As far as i know only Nokia related in MWC are NSN and Symbian Foundation.
Nokia will have it's event just next to the place where MWC is held in Barcelona 15-16th.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-02-11 at 19:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barcelona
I will be in MWC too and in the exhibitors list doesn't appear anything of Nokia or Maemo.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I am also going to be at MWC. Nokia have their presence at ONCE on Gran Via, 2 minutes walk from Fira where MWC is.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Nokia has updated the event page to show that there will be live broadcast from both Nokia-Intel press conference and Nokia's own main MWC event.

Intel-Nokia, February 15th at 11.30 CET
Nokia main press event, Feruary 15th 12.15 CET
http://events.nokia.com/mwc/home.htm

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I sure hope they intend to push harder on Comes with Music. Hasn't been exactly a roaring success-- and it could be.

Placing those two events so closely makes me quite excited about what Nokia and Intel have cooked up together. Maybe announcing collaborative chipset first (SoC with Atom,telephony/3G,GPU?), then on Nokia own's event a device that uses that chipset?

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Placing those two events so closely makes me quite excited about what Nokia and Intel have cooked up together. Maybe announcing collaborative chipset first (SoC with Atom,telephony/3G,GPU?), then on Nokia own's event a device that uses that chipset?
I posted here a link about some speculation about the Nokia Intel love.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44153

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
just heard that the nokia intel joint press conference will be mostly about software rather than hardware, main rumour is they will be combining elements of maemo and moblin

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-02-15 at 05:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post: