Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Helsingin Sanomat (Finnish)

Edit: Found a link in english.

The new CEO is Stephen Elop, coming in from Microsoft

Elop commented on his new Nokia position: "I am extremely excited to become part of a team dedicated to strengthening Nokia's position as the undisputed leader of the mobile communications industry, with a relentless focus on meeting the needs and expectations of customers. Nokia has a unique global position as well as a great brand upon which we can build. The company has deeply talented and dedicated people, and I am confident that together we can continue to deliver innovative products that meet the needs of consumers. The Nokia slogan clearly states our key mission: Connecting People, which will acquire new dimensions as we build our portfolio of products, solutions and services."
A press conference will be held today at Nokia's head office in Espoo, Finland, at 13:00 (CET+1). The press conference will be webcast live via: www.nokia.com/press or http://www.nokia.com/press/media_res...nokia-webcasts.

Last edited by jnwi; 2010-09-10 at 05:52.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
lol, just.. lol.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Time to blog...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Buy Nokia stock fast.

BUY, BUY, BUY

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
IT's about TIME!
He doing Nokia no good! Nokia could hire someone that better and good at hyping up the device and persuading developer like the iPhone Steve Jobs.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
i dont know whether to thank got or start crying :P

The Following User Says Thank You to bakuur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
it's about time!
He doing nokia no good! Nokia could hire someone that better and good at hyping up the device and persuading developer like the iphone steve jobs.
developers developers developers developers

developers developers developers developers

Not the same Steve of course...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Buy Nokia stock fast.

BUY, BUY, BUY
Hahha good idea, but I think the stock won't rise anytime soon, it will only going downward. Nokia didn't make much profits since the Droids and Iphone came out. I hope this resignation of the CEO will bringing a better support for the N900 and future device

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ San Diego, CA
I'm not too familiar with either OPK or Elop. What are the potential pros/cons of this change?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ktchiu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ktchiu View Post
I'm not too familiar with either OPK or Elop. What are the potential pros/cons of this change?
Nokia is already at the CON state lol. Changing the CEO will only help thrive the company to success in the future. But I don't think N9 will be my next device I'll wait until Elop bringing out a counter attack device.

Tags
fool me once, let downs, new ceo, nokia, stephen elop