Active Topics

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
- Is there a specific reason
- for
- starting every sentence with a hyphen?
off_topic:

- you must mean s/sentence/paragraph/ ?

- force of habit (from an old TECO, Convergent Technologies CTOS & Dynix user)...

- my use of ellipsis is worse...

-- 30 --

Last edited by linux_author; 2008-02-11 at 22:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to linux_author For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
((just be (glad) he wasn't a past)
(LISP)
(programer))

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hey, once I got the hang of it I loved Lisp! Ooo, the fun I had with that parenthetical language...

Ha, didn't see that linux dude's post. Oh well:

Enough.
Originally Posted by Jonnycat26 View Post
Examples:
  • We're breaking binary compatibility with the newest OS.
  • We're breaking binary compatibility with our new OS. Again. Any developers left?
Kernel and library updates on top of file structure changes. It happens all the time on real Linux distributions. That's why ancient package A won't work with this modern library B. To show that you're ignorant of this fact is to expose the reason your line of thinking is incorrect. Vista for one ring any bell?
Microsoft has to add in compatibility instructions for older programs.

Now, to the good Darius2006:

First off, there was the suggestion of Nokia reps spending online time with the community. That's a laugh. While corporations do watch the online community, do we see many actually spending time with us? What's that? No? Yet we have developer support anyway? Huh?

The hardware itself is Nokia's. As far as the Debian-based ARM distribution that is so "buggy" goes, you're wrong. It can be installed on any other arm-based device that allows you to flash/install your own OS on with tweaks to accommodate for the target platform's hardware. Maemo, X.org, Linux, and almost all of the software under it belong to the community under the GNU GPL. Don't like it? Pick up C. Too dumb to pick up C? Pick up a stick and wack at it and hope it'll work.

-----

I do have a problem about the number of individual repositories. In my own opinion, we should have unified repositories mirrored in different places over every little repository for every little thing. It's ridiculous.

The Following User Says Thank You to Navi For This Useful Post: