Hi, I have a problem with my router "Alice Gate 2 Plus Wi-Fi (pirelli)". "Wi-fi don't work".. the connection hangs after a few kb, this is due to a configuration problem on TCP (I think), like in debian/ubuntu distro (i had the same problem) easily remedied with some modifications, editing (in debian os) /etc/sysct.conf with:

net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn= 0

well.. now, in this phone, what should I do ?

I need help.

Last edited by moddolo; 2009-11-26 at 13:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to moddolo For This Useful Post:
Noone (some italy developer, maybe) can help me? I'm not the only with this problem..

Do those exist in the /proc/sys/net/ipv4 directory?

You could do:

# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies
etc...

Haven't got my n900 yet, so not sure if there's a static file you could edit. Maybe you could make a startup script to always echo those values for you when the device boots.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattmull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
The basic questionnaire for WiFi related problems, don't know if it makes sense here though as the problem is already located:
What AP you have?
Make and model?
Firmware version?
Hardware revision?
What are the encryption settings? (open/WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA-EAP)
Does disabling Power Save Mode (PSM) in the N900help?

mattmull: well, tcp_window_scaling and tcp_ecn exist in /proc/../ but i can't edit them (no root permission, i try with Vi editor) and, anyway, tcp_syncookies doesn't exist.

Some ideas?

Andre Klapper: I have just tried to disable PSM but nothing..

modem/router/wireless model: Alice Gate 2 Plus Wi-Fi, Hw: S3PM2, Fw: AGIA_1.2.0, Encrypt: WPA-PSK Passphrase

I'm 95% sure that the problem is the same of debian/linux os with this modem router wireless... I just try to use wi-fi with gf's router and it work (an other different model).

well.. if u know a method to change 2 files located in /proc/ (tcp_window_scaling and tcp_ecn) i can try without the presence of tcp_syncookies..

(Now I see I'm not the only in italy with this problem, that modem is very used from italian dsl user)

Last edited by moddolo; 2009-11-26 at 05:56.

try to reset your router.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by moddolo View Post
mattmull: well, tcp_window_scaling and tcp_ecn exist in /proc/../ but i can't edit them (no root permission, i try with Vi editor)
You can't edit them with Vi, they're not really files. You'll need to use the "echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies" syntax that was already suggested.

Wooooooo.. I use rootsh appz to edit the file (I edit only the value of tcp_window_scaling from 1 to 0).. and NOW WORK!!! But the problem now is: how I make a startup script with root permission to echo (from 1 to 0) this value of file.. every boot?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i had a wifi problem, but i think it was some setting on my router the n900 not happy with b/c it was working fine with other devices i have. when i changed router it communicated with n900 instantly and been fine since

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by moddolo View Post
Wooooooo.. I use rootsh appz to edit the file (I edit only the value of tcp_window_scaling from 1 to 0).. and NOW WORK!!!
If you have some time, can you please post here the exact steps to work around the problem? As you've written that this modem is popular it would be great to have it documented for other folks running into this issue...

Would be also cool if you could edit the title of this thread and mention the router name.