Active Topics

I ran around searching the forums, looking for something related to this but I found nothing...Either I wasn't trying hard enough or lock, key, change, and function are words all too common in these forums.

Either way...I'm wondering if there's a way to change the function of the lock key. I would love to be able to make it control profiles. As in, swap between silent and general. I haven't found a way to do this within settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Last edited by Ghost_MH; 2010-01-20 at 18:04.

While i dont know how to do it ( you probably have to have some kind of deamon listening for its event )

You do know that all you have to do is press the power button once and tap silent?

I would like to know if it's possible as well, not for profiles but for track skipping maybe?

Originally Posted by lynxus View Post
While i dont know how to do it ( you probably have to have some kind of deamon listening for its event )

You do know that all you have to do is press the power button once and tap silent?
That I do know and it's how I've been putting the device in silent. I have a habit of hitting power twice to lock the device simply because I find it easier to hit than the lock key. Because of that, the lock key doesn't get much use out of me and the Palm user in me wishes I had a hardware silent switch on the phone.

Basically, we have two physical ways to lock the device and none to put it into silent. I'd love it if there were a way to change that. True, I can't unlock it with the power key, but the finger swipe doesn't bother me at all.

Originally Posted by martinj88 View Post
I would like to know if it's possible as well, not for profiles but for track skipping maybe?
You can use "shake to control" widget for that.. it is way easier...

Btw, a good function to the "lock"/"power 1 press" button would be opening the "phone" application..

The Following User Says Thank You to nuno pereira For This Useful Post: