Active Topics

I pulled down the VMware appliance this week and it appears to be working correctly. I compiled the obligatory hello world under scratchbox with the target set for SDK_ARMEL and got it transferred to my n800. When I run it on my tablet, I get permission denied. Doing an ls -l on the file shows it is owned by user group root with rwx-r-x-r-x, so I would assume, from outward appearances this should run. The question, where to start troubleshooting this?

OK, so the issue is that I am running this on an external SDHC card. When I moved to my home directory, it ran just fine.

Now, what can I do (assuming I can) to make things I have compiled run from the external card?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Nanocore View Post
Now, what can I do (assuming I can) to make things I have compiled run from the external card?
running stuff from FAT formatted card is not good idea

format card with real filesystem (ext2) or at least disable noexec flag of current vfat mount point (see /etc/fstab)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Hmm, so if I reformat my card with an ext2 filesystem it will work just fine?

Would this also then be the first step to booting off the mcc too?

I have a bunch of music on it now, obviously that would be blown away and put back on, and would the media player have any problems with this?

Would re-formating the card have any impact on mounting via USB to Windows? I assume Linux would have no problem.

Is ext2 the best (only?) option for alternate filesystem? Is there ext3 or other journaling file system recommended?