Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Anybody surprised by this?
After all of the uproar over what Apple was doing in regards to their cash stash they keep overseas; hell yes. Because not one soul said anything about this pertaining Microsoft but kept pointing out Apple only. I'm willing to believe this is more of the norm than not.

Oh well... Nokia got "bought". They still have 60+ Billion - let's see who's next.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
By what exactly?
I remember reading about it last year. Investors were rightly so pushing MS to do something with that cash.

I don't believe the cash reserves were directly linked to Nokia buy. The pile has been being build for years for tax reasons.
I suppose you overlooked the part where they're offshore tax havens (ie. loophole style tax avoidance).

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
After all of the uproar over what Apple was doing in regards to their cash stash they keep overseas; hell yes. Because not one soul said anything about this pertaining Microsoft but kept pointing out Apple only. I'm willing to believe this is more of the norm than not.

Oh well... Nokia got "bought". They still have 60+ Billion - let's see who's next.
Do you think maybe Microsoft got a nice quiet pass on tax avoidance for giving the gov't a nice slick easy back-door way to monitor customers?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think lumiaman comes from Greece. I could be wrong though...

Anybody knows if surface2 will have hdmi? Or will it be called Nokia lumia surface 2

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-06 at 11:39.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
ROTFL your so damn naive, Microsoft will not die. Most people will continue use Windows even if they only use it for simple task like web surfing.
More and more people are using devices like tablets for web surfing. Companies like Samsung and LG are building browsers into TVs. Tablet sales are rising whilst PC sales are falling, IDC predict tablets will overtake PCs this quarter.

In other programming forums I participate in there's currently lots of discussions about what's the best Linux distro to migrate to once Microsoft pulls support for XP. Windows is becoming less and less relevant.

Every Empire in history has fallen eventually.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And btw. most people does not care about NSA. They will forget it as soon as media finds something else talk about.
I think you're wrong, the BRIC countries are even discussing building their own internet infrastructure circumventing USA and Europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I think lumiaman comes from Greece. I could be wrong though...
Anybody knows if surface2 will have hdmi? Or will it be called Nokia lumia surface 2
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-au
Happy reading. N.B. there's Surface 2 & Surface 2 Pro, WinRT & Win8...
And no, there will be no Nokia name/branding used for what's a 100% MS product.

Nokia however is rumoured to be releasing their 1st & last WinRT tablet on the 22nd.
It's codenamed Sirius & rumoured to be called "Nokia 2520", IIRC Lumia isn't in the name.

/off-topic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-au
Happy reading. N.B. there's Surface 2 & Surface 2 Pro, WinRT & Win8...
And no, there will be no Nokia name/branding used for what's a 100% MS product.

Nokia however is rumoured to be releasing their 1st & last WinRT tablet on the 22nd.
It's codenamed Sirius & rumoured to be called "Nokia 2520", IIRC Lumia isn't in the name.
Wonder if they will success with that tablet? I hope they fail as hell because they killed theyr own good tablet already

/off-topic

It's unfortunate they opted for a WinRT tablet, it would've been more interesting to me if they went with Win8.
I doubt I'll end-up wanting it more than the Surface 2 Pro or even the Surface 2, but, we have to wait & see.

/off-topic

Only way Nokia could sell those tablets even moderately, would be to leak (tor) step-by-step instructions how to install Cyanogen or Replicant Android to it.

Well, they could at least do as well as the Surface... ;-)
They look good to me, I think I'll get lots of productivity out of mine, looking forward to comparing to other tablets.

/off-topic

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Surface did ok after all. It's now an established brand. Sure, it has and will continue to cost but they are gaining market shares slowly.

If Apple could get an tablet or hybrid of air with osx that could kill surface.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-06 at 17:47.

Tags
espionage, trojan man