Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post

I see the Esc key has been brought up, but it doesn't seem to me my question is answered. On the N800 (hence, no hardware keyboard), I can't see a key for Esc. "Esc" is an important key for remote control of the computer, since, for example, in YouTube, Esc is how you get out of Full-Screen mode.

Also helpful would be Tab and a way to apply modifier keys like Control and Alt. But Esc strikes me as the big one.
You can use the the back key (the one with the curved arrow, below the d-pad).

I will add more keys to the on-screen keyboard in the next bluemaemo version.

Thanks for your comments.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Hey- nice little app! Thanks for taking the time to develop it.

I was able to pair my n800 with my ps3 using this. I also ran into the escape issue but found the back key does the same. Works great for navigating the ps3 xmb and writing messages and such.

Has anyone tried to use bluemaemo in multimedia mode with the ps3? I've never watched any movies on my ps3 but now that I've found this great app I'm curious if it works.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Hello VDVsx. thank you for this wonderful app.

i was wondering if u could add a tab button on the keyboard and also is there anyway for the word completion to be used?
Thank you very much

Hello,

PS3 owners/users, if you want a PS3 profile in BlueMaemo, see this thread.

A new version of BlueMaemo will be out in the next couple of weeks, thanks to all who made suggestions and bug reports.

Current SVN Changelog:

bluemaemo 0.3

* Fixed bug in bluetooth adapter state (reported by Gourmand)
* Moved configuration files to /etc/bluemaemo
* Added back buttons in 'wait for connection' and 'process connection' screens (allnameswereout suggestions)
* Fixed sdl/openGL keystrokes bug (reported by pycage)

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Hello VDVsx. thank you for this wonderful app.

i was wondering if u could add a tab button on the keyboard and also is there anyway for the word completion to be used?
Thank you very much
I will add tab, ctrl and alt to the first vkb layout, other requested keys like the F's, will be probably added to the second or third vkb layout, in order to save space for the mouse area existent in the keyboard profile.
The word completion is also a nice feature, but I have right now other priority features

Anyone use some kind of alt/ctrl combination with the F's keys in some common app ?

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Anyone use some kind of alt/ctrl combination with the F's keys in some common app ?
Definitely; besides Windows shortcuts (e.g. Alt+F4), and similar shortcuts for various X window managers, switching VCs on a Linux machine requires Ctrl+Alt+Fn to switch from X11; Alt+Fn or Alt+Left/Right from text consoles.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Argh! I'm jealous of you who have had success with BlueMaemo in OSX. I have tried with 2 different computers the first running 10.5 and another running 10.4 with not a single connection. This despite pairing confirmation in OSX's bluetooth utility.

I think I'm a pretty savvy user and I've followed phutterman's instructions to the letter and tried variations of:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...&postcount=196

This on my N800 would be perfect for my Mac Mini 'media server.' Now I'm looking at icky apps for my wife's iPhone.

I see there have been several others in the same boat. Is there some file or log that we could compare to troubleshoot this?

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
On a friends's iMac, I proved I know the correct procedure. Bluemaemo connected easily, very exciting!

I upgraded the mini to 10 .5 and installed all tje updates. But it did not work. On the 1st attempt I did get a request to press the button.to the right of...something I do not recall...to help id the keyboard. With the N800, I was at a loss so tried the d pad center. Nothing happened so I pressed the back button. No response so I tried the directional buttons. No response. soI closed the window and attempted to finish the process. Bluemaemo never connected. I tried closing and restarting.

I have not seen the press keyboard button request again in my subsequent attempts nor did it appear when it worked on my friend's mac.

Could I just... ya' know... reiterate something? Is there anyway you could bring this to the 770? That would make my old tablet very useful...

I, and many others, would be very grateful

The Following User Says Thank You to Aisu For This Useful Post:
Better yet, if at all possible : make it work in Mer, so that it runs on any Mer-supported device...

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid