Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Anyone have any info on how I might go about troubleshooting loss of WLAN connectivity on my N800? Logs to look at, etc?

I just upgraded my access points at home from an old Proxim AP-2000 to a pair of Proxim AP-4000s running v3.4.0. The problem I'm having now is that when the N800 idles out the WLAN connection, even though the connection manager shows that it is connected to my SSID (and with very good signal strength at that), anything that attempts to make a connection fails until I manually disconnect the WLAN and then re-connect the WLAN.

Also, even with the WLAN configuration set to never idle out, it appears that the N800 still silently idles out the WLAN connection after a while unless there is some active outbound traffic. acmonitor does its ping every 60 seconds when the unit is plugged into power, but having to keep it tethered to power kinda defeats the purpose of a small, portable tablet...

My AirPCap-Ex should be here Monday, so hopefully I'll be able to capture what it is doing when it idles out and when it tries to come back from idle. But in the mean time, are there any logs or command line tools I can run to give more detailed info about the state of the WLAN connection as far as the N800 is concerned?

Thanks,
-=> CAW

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
search for wlan sleep timeout, and perhaps you'll find a suitable answer. good luck.