I have followed the Wiki and cant remember anything related to editing the ubiboot.conf... Did I miss that ?!

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And I cannot remember if there is the need to edit at all. Afair juiceme named the kernels in conf according to their image names (but when downloaded from other site or using own name schema or using other kernel/partition then it is needed).

What about the logs? They will tell you what's wrong.
Power off device and connect to USB. Open a telnet session to 192.168.2.14 and check /var/log...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Most times when booting fails is because you do not have the kernels in /boot/, or do not have the correct modules for the kernels in /lib/modules/<kernel_id_string>/

In case of Nitdroid kernels, "standard" open mode kernels and l2fixed open mode kernels the modules are same as with the Nokia original PR1.3 kernel, so your modules are propably correct.

So, it is possible that the kernels are missing from /boot/ or are named differently than in ubiboot.conf file.

Just as peterleinchen says, look up the log file from /var/log/ubiboot.log, there will be cleartext indication of the selected kernel/OS, and if the loading succeeded or failed.

how bout my problem haha

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by afropanda View Post
how bout my problem haha
and what about already given hints? he he.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
how bout my problem haha
Well, based on what you have told, it looks to me like you are actually running Nemo but you do not have visible UI.

So, to make sure, you need to ssh to the device.

Possibilities:
  • What was the Nemo Image release you copied to your mmcblk0p4 partition, it imight be possible you had some development image?
  • Maybe there was some problem unpacking the tar file to the partition, and kernel can be loaded OK but for example init is corrupted?

i used this one nemo-armv7hl-n950-0.20130411.1.NEMO.2013-04-26.1.tar

i used this one nemo-armv7hl-n950-0.20130411.1.NEMO.2013-04-26.1.tar
Yes, that's the correct one.

What you could do is try to wipe your mmcblk0p4 and re-extract the FS image, in case something went wrong with unpacking...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
how? what do i need to type in terminal?

Well, if you do it on the device (that is running harmattan) give the following commands.

Prerequisite; copy your NEMO tar archive to /home/user/MyDocs for example.

## go to root
devel-su

## mount your Nemo partition somewhere to access it
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 -t ext4 /mnt

## now confirm that you REALLY have the correct partition there, this should give you some info about your Nemo release:
cat /mnt/etc/meego-release

## now, wipe the stuff you have got there:
rm -rf /mnt
sync

## now, extract the archive to partition:
tar --numeric-owner -xf filename+path-of-your-tar-archive -C /mnt/
sync

## now, detach the mount
umount /mnt

That's how to do it. Now if everything went dandies, just boot your device and retry booting to Nemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: