Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Aren't there two reflash methods? One that wipes the rootfs and the /opt partition. And one that wipes rootfs, /home, and /opt.
There were (and still are) two FIASCO images, one that reflashes the rootfs, bootloader, and kernel, and one that reflashes MyDocs (i.e Nokia N900 in the file manager).
Relfashing the eMMC should also reflash /home and /opt.
BUT reflashing the root partition should clear /opt since the software no longer works, /home should be cleared cause it contains old settings (may conflict with a restored backup - such as causing MicroB not to remember cookies)

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Chennai,India
will there be any optimization on the battery usage, i know you cant say it as you are running on power but is there any hint abt it anywhere?

Thanks for the news

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Hmmmmm......

So, there is video calling included...but no word of 3G video calling?
There is re-organizing the menu included...but no word of making custom folders?
There is now portrait mode support in the browser...but no word of a portrait mode on-screen keyboard?

Still no ability to make groups in the address book...
Still no Ovi support, no syncing online...
Still no voice guided Ovi maps...
Still no MMS...
Still no ability to put videos into custom made folders...
No improvements to the email app...cant always delete messages without exiting and re-entering again...

I like the look of what's coming...but theres so many basics that are still missing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to euanandrews For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Halifax
I believe the mms debate has been settled and the conclusion is that its not coming to the n900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maj3stic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post

So, there is video calling included...but no word of 3G video calling?
I understand this could be a desirable feature, but I hardly know of many smartphones which support even video calling.

There is re-organizing the menu included...but no word of making custom folders?
You have categorize app which should provide this feature.

There is now portrait mode support in the browser...but no word of a portrait mode on-screen keyboard?
We still don't know as the SDK can't be run in portrait mode

Still no ability to make groups in the address book...
Desirable feature. You should fill a feature request.

Still no Ovi support, no syncing online...
You have Mfe for syncing online

Still no voice guided Ovi maps...
You have newly released Sygic app for this. Also, I understand it should be included as on any other Nokia phone.

Still no MMS...
You have fMMS

Still no ability to put videos into custom made folders...
Why not? I can put any video on any folder I want with the file browser

No improvements to the email app...cant always delete messages without exiting and re-entering again...
If you see any bug, you should fill a bug report instead of complain. BTW, there are some improvements on the email app.

I like the look of what's coming...but theres so many basics that are still missing.
I would recomend you to first wait until you try PR1.2, and after fill bug reports of the weak points you see on it.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Ignacius View Post
I understand this could be a desirable feature, but I hardly know of many smartphones which support even video calling.

You have categorize app which should provide this feature.

We still don't know as the SDK can't be run in portrait mode

Desirable feature. You should fill a feature request.

You have Mfe for syncing online

You have newly released Sygic app for this. Also, I understand it should be included as on any other Nokia phone.

You have fMMS

Why not? I can put any video on any folder I want with the file browser

If you see any bug, you should fill a bug report instead of complain. BTW, there are some improvements on the email app.

I would recomend you to first wait until you try PR1.2, and after fill bug reports of the weak points you see on it.
Althoug there are alternatives as you have indicated we have to admit that nokia has to provide the basic features mentioned.
No ovi suite compatibility
No dedicated ovi store
No free navigation for the most expensive flagship device
No mms
The phone "app" is not as customisable as symbian

Even though the n900 has many more features when compared to others we still are missing some basic functionality.

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
I'd like to point out that the N900 does have free Nokia provided navigation.

There's nothing stopping you from using Ovi Maps to navigate yourself right now. Now it's difficult because there's no turn by turn voice directions.What people want is turn-by-turn voice directions, automatic re-directions (I want it too). But that doesn't change the fact that Nokia has already provided free navigation.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
Hmmmmm......

Check resolved bugs list.

Bugs resolved:
Email
* 5417 Delete button greyed out when opening from notification popup

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
* 5417 Delete button greyed out when opening from notification popup
thats one fix that is needed yes.
But if i have to say what is the most lacking software piece on the N900 it is modest.
Yes i find it if more horrible then Ovi Maps.

IMAP support is really bad. No imap-idle (which is for a always on-line mobile device a must ), no sent folder support, it downloads way to much for example i tried it when i was in another country, the kilobytes where flying over the wire for almost nothing new..
Also UI wise i can go on and on... Its just one of the weaker parts of the N900..

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2