Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by brashley46 View Post
and on my N800, I get the message "Application packages missing: libssl0.9.8(>=0.9.8f-5)
It seems others (me as well) have the same problem. From the following link I gather that the author knows about the problem but has problems fixing it. Unfortunately others were not able to help him, and the problem still persists. As I'm not a developer I do not fully understand the problem.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...velopers/51965

I don't know how to help but I have the feeling that it might be better to leave him alone than report the same error again and again.

So maybe we just have to wait. It is surely a programm worth waiting for, Till Harbaum has done a great job!

Or maybe somebody knows how to get an old version of the packages from an archive or something.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
N900 map application makes this thread relevant. Therefore I bump it.

In particular i'd like a OSM gps/map client that tracks my position (without first requiring me to set up a project), then lets me quickly switch to edit a small region where i notice something wrong or missing. Are there OSM clients which provide something like this?

Lacking this,I created a project that encompasses the region i will be touring. The size is 5.8 MB, to which osm2go objects. Performance seems usable if somewhat sluggish with that dataset.

In addition, I can't find a way to show street labels: modifying map detail doesn't seem to change anything.

Here is a comparison between osm2go and OSM from the Web

Last edited by ArnimS; 2010-01-01 at 13:55. Reason: added q's

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
I tied last week to map some missing streets in my (rural) village using my N900. All worked fine, the downloading of the already existing street data, the tracing, the way creation.

But when I try to upload to the OSM server I'm getting authentication error 401.
Of course I double checked my userID and password, the same are working perfectly on the OSM website. Is there anything I can do to further investigate why this is not working ?

Are more rights (somewhere) needed to be allowed to upload things back to the OSM servers ? I can make changes on the web frontend in OSM without any problem.

I'm using OSM2GO 0.8.1 using api 0.6
errors are :
Create changeset failed, code:401 Unauthorized
Server reply: Couldn't authenticate you

Thanks.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
it is a bit annoying to find out if the first letter of the password is written as a capital or lower letter, maybe that is your problem Netweaver (i had this as well).

I just hope that the project is just in some sort of winter sleep. There are still some minor things that could be improved. :-)

Is there a way to improve/configure GPS tracking. I'm trying to map the place where i live, but In an hour walking I only get three or four points tracked, almost useless for map making.
Thanks.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Is there any easy way to create roads/streets/"ways" from gps tracks? (not by retracing them manually)
I tracked about half of small town streets on bicycle and now have this track on project. Can this track be used not only as background?
Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by magullo View Post
Is there a way to improve/configure GPS tracking. I'm trying to map the place where i live, but In an hour walking I only get three or four points tracked, almost useless for map making.
Thanks.
It looks like problem with GPS, not with OSM2Go.
If you will be in that place again try to to use different applications to check GPS.
AFAIN, Assisted-GPS needs internet connection at least every week or even more often. Check this too.

Originally Posted by Netweaver View Post
Create changeset failed, code:401 Unauthorized
Server reply: Couldn't authenticate you

Thanks.
Had the same problem using wiki account.
Try to register here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/new

i have a quick question.. while trying to get the correct location, I'm using maemo-mapper (now mappero), however, it keeps saying that i need to scroll or zoom for the data to be sent, but it's just not sending :S any idea?

According to the OSM2Go-Users list archive the original author of the app is no longer maintaining it. Luckily someone from the OSM community has stepped in and fixed a bug which prevented it from uploading new points. However, it's not in the repos for want of maemo packaging. The source is on github; how do we take it on from there?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2013-10-01 at 00:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post: