Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Inspired by a compaint in the announcement thread, namely that the demo video shows the screen bigger (compared to the finger/hand) than it actually is, what I found interesting is that the Fremantle UI did not look that bad even is scaled up from the N900's 3.5"...

3 screenshots later...

Using a very unscientific method (zoom images until the hand looks as big as your own ), the two sizes seen would could come out as 6.5" (first and second image) and 12" (third image).

At the 6.5" size the UI actually looked *better* (for me) that it did on the live presentation of features (you can see Quim's and Jussi's poking is smooth, but not perfectly effortless, although that might be just the excitement ).

The 12" is a little over the top, but only when the buttons come in. The fun thing is that the look far bulkier on the monitor in the Xephyr emu than on an actual device (the small details on a desktop make the emu buttons look bigger than they are when standing alone - on a 10" netbook it still feels OK

So, if Nokia asks me (which they certainly don't ), I'd say it's a shame no to put this UI onto a classic tablet sized device (6-10").
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
As the person having done the complaining This is a far more useful way of putting it than my general scorn. Hopefully this is still in the pipeline despite statements about the UI not scaling well.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Bad Homburg, Deutschland
Theoretically this could have been done on some sort of a development platform, with some bigger touchscreens. Hope that's the case, and not some Hollywood magic!

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
...the demo video shows the screen bigger (compared to the finger/hand) than it actually is...
Ah, the reverse of the Apple iPhone advertising technique.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I'd say it's a shame no to put this UI onto a classic tablet sized device (6-10").
Or on a 10" convertible tablet netbook?

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post: