Hi,
I can't figure out how to identify callers on call waiting during an active conversation. I hear a sound alerting me that there is a call waiting on the second line, but I don't see who's calling from the phone menu. Do I have to get out of the phone menu while on call in order to see who's call waiting?!

Thanks

Last edited by rimini2004; 2010-01-04 at 02:57.

How do you even get that sound??? Mine does not do a thing, it only shows, so if you have the phone on your ear, you are missing the call, since there is no acustical warning that makes you aware of the call waiting.

Originally Posted by slotti View Post
How do you even get that sound??? Mine does not do a thing, it only shows, so if you have the phone on your ear, you are missing the call, since there is no acustical warning that makes you aware of the call waiting.
Yep same problem I have and was going to ask the exact same thing.

Instead I have both (at least for phone calls): alert sound for waiting call and in phone application I can see who is calling on second line ^_^
Maybe it depends on SIM operator? I have 3 Italy on umts.

T-Mob US here. Don't think it has anything to do with the SIM. It's up to the phone if it gives notice on incomming call or not. Weird

i just tried this... I placed a call and called myself from another number. I heard double beeping (I think twice, so 4 beeps at least, i didn't really count) and my screen looked like this (obviously I could see the number who was calling me)

So no probs for me here..
Attached Images

Get the same image, but no sound ;-(. So if the phone is on your ear...no goos. Curious why it seems to vary.

I do get the beeps when a second call comes in... and can see the number too of the caller who calls in ... only thing intially is that the 1st call goes out to the top and I often times didn't realise that and thinking I would end the 2nd call, I pressed the end call on the top thus ending my 1st call by mistake.

Now I know better.