Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Hi, here you have the information relevant to Summit speakers: http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2009/Speakers

Would it be possible for the content committee to send it out to all speakers? If it's not too complicated. Also, where can I upload a ppt? wiki and talk won't let me (which is ok, but).
  • You are encouraged to use the Maemo Summit 2009 template for presentations, available as odp and ppt.
  • The best format for the presentations is 16x9 since this is the proportion of the screens in use. Presentations with 3x4 format might get black strips on the sides or get slightly squeezed.
  • There are Windows laptops with Internet connection for speakers in the N900, N810 and N800 rooms. They are equipped with OpenOffice.org, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and Firefox.
  • Bring your presentation to your session room in a USB stick around 9:30, 13:30 (Friday) or 14:30 (Saturday). Have copies in our laptop or online just in case.
  • You can use your own laptop if you really need to. At your own risk, we won't change the schedule if you have problems. Definitely not recommended for lightning sessions.
  • There will be N900 devices for speakers willing to demo their software. These devices can be connected to the projector with TV-Out.
  • The N810 room will have 2 independent projectors. You can use them to have e.g. slides and a device demo in parallel.

If you have more questions please ask.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Quim, what version of MS Office? I used Powerpoint 2007 for mine but can save to 2003 if necessary.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
  • There are Windows laptops with Internet connection for speakers in the N900, N810 and N800 rooms. They are equipped with OpenOffice.org, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and Firefox.
Vista or XP ?

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
What about room 770? Will there be any projection and a prepared laptop?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
Room 770 is the one with the cashier and a bunch of N900s.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
There's a large white screen, but no projector.

It's just a joke. Please stop hitting me!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Nice presenter rules; though personally, I'd make everyone present from their tablet just for kicks.

Any reason why you guys aren't supporting the use of the S5 Presentation format as well. Besides being built with really simple tools (crack open Notepad to edit, a browser to show), you gain a boat-load of modular ability with it.

I've used S5 in my last two presentations (from an N95 and N97 connected to a projector at that); besides adding to the conversation, it does highlight the devices in a way that laptops+PPT just can't.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
There's also Slideshare.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
We are supporting what the speakers generally require. we have got specific requests for speakers e.g. one screen for slides and another for demos and we are satisfying them. If a speaker comes with more reequests we will do our best, as usual.

I'm not sure about the projector in 770. It's really a small room for 20 people or so. 3 of the 4 walls are windows if I recall properly.

I'll ask as well about versions of software but I'd assume latest stable versions of everything.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Even 25 people in one room should have something more capable than crowding over small laptop screen in order to see something.