Active Topics

Notices

It's been a while but there's a new version of Panucci that's soon to be released and we need your help to test it!

Here's a list of the biggest changes from 0.3 to 0.4:
  • The player and playlist have been broken up into their own tabs. This makes managing a playlist a much nicer experience.
  • Directories can now be added to the playlist from the playlist tab.
  • Buttons that have provide two different functions based on how long they're pressed. This functionality can be disabled from the settings menu and the second action timeout can be configured using gconf-editor or gconf-tool. There are 3 buttons which take advantage of this:
    - The long skip (|<< and >>|) buttons will skip back/forth by one track
    - The bookmark button will bring you to the currently playing track in the playlist tab
  • A scrolling title label. If the length of the title is too long in the player window, the text will scroll so that it becomes visible.
  • Software decoding. By default Panucci doesn't use the NITs hardware audio decoders, this works around some bugs in Maemo's gstreamer. Hardware decoding can be enabled from the settings menu.
  • Fullscreen support. The fullscreen button is now supported, the cover art will be resized to fit the player window when it is pressed.
  • Enhanced logging. When Panucci starts it creates ~/MyDocs/panucci.log which contains the debug log for the current panucci session.
  • D-Bus API documentation. See: http://nikosapi.org/git/panucci/tree/doc
  • French translation. See this commit (thanks Philippe!).
  • Better maemo integration (start-up notification for now).

NOTE: We no longer support the mogg package. If you'd like to have ogg playback, remove mogg and install ogg-support.

You should run the following to make sure you have all the required dependencies:
Code:
apt-get install python2.5-gtk2 python2.5-gstreamer python2.5-dbus python2.5-hildon python2.5-gnome python2.5-mutagen python2.5-osso gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-faad gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-mad ogg-support
Here's a link to the deb: panucci_0.3~pre0.4-2_all.deb

N.B. When you install the deb you'll probably be prompted to upgrade to 0.3, just ignore that. The package is made so that if you don't like it, it's very easy to downgrade to 0.3.

Edit 09-06-15: Changed link to point to newer testing version (0.3~pre0.4-1)
Edit 09-06-16: Changed link to point to newer testing version (0.3~pre0.4-2)

Last edited by nikosapi; 2009-06-17 at 02:09.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nikosapi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
love the long skip and the "add directory"!

got to say, this have come a long way

Do you have a homepage or any screenshots of this app? What exactly is it? This would be helfpul for newbs like me who haven't heard of it or been following since day 1.

» N800, cloned Diablo on 2 GB SD (Device: 600 MB, Internal: 256 MB, Swap: 256 MB), 8 GB external SD

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
I tried installing and ran the code that you posted but I got a message that it couldn't find the gstreamer plug-ins. Not sure how to get around this as it won't install without them. I've been running 0.3 and it works great.

Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
I tried installing and ran the code that you posted but I got a message that it couldn't find the gstreamer plug-ins. Not sure how to get around this as it won't install without them. I've been running 0.3 and it works great.
I should have mentioned that you have to be using Diablo for panucci 0.4, if there's enough people requesting Chinook support I'll see what I can do but I'm not going to make any promises.

If you are running Diablo, you may need to refresh your package cache. You can do that by running this command (as root): apt-get update

Originally Posted by jself View Post
Do you have a homepage or any screenshots of this app? What exactly is it? This would be helfpul for newbs like me who haven't heard of it or been following since day 1.
Here's an updated screenshot: panucci-0.4.png

If you don't want to have to install it manually you can simply wait a few days for it to be available in the maemo extras repo.

I just reflashed a week or so ago with the latest OS so hopefully that is Diablo. I ran apt-get update and then ran your code and it still could not find the gstreamer stuff.. I installed Rootsh to get root access. Perhaps that was wrong. Obviously something I am doing is incorrect, but it is really hard to figure out. If it is going to be in maemo extras in a few days I will just wait.

check that extras is activated in applications manager...

In the application Catalogue maemo Extras is listed. It is not disabled.

Tags
panucci, testing