Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
I tried deleting .qmf & .activesync from /home/user/ dir and rebooted device like suggested here somewhere but to no avail. Reinstalled PR1.2 still the same. I have enabled thread view from Application -> Mail. Anyone else with this issue or am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks.

I have the same issue on my black 16GB N9, no threaded mail view

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ United States
The threaded mail view is kind of weird:

Steps to follow:

You enable threaded view (nothing happens now, threaded view works for new messages only)

You send a reply or forward a message and it shows up on threaded view. Or if the person replies to the same message that you sent out or one that other people responded to.

Well I'm not sure if this would solve your issues, but please ensure that you are doing this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amarkkassery For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 158 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
The threaded mail view works for me only with default "google-Account" ( imap ).

Not with "Mail for Exchange" or "other Mail-Account" in Settings, only with "Google"

Sorry for my English

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Its not working for any of the email accounts - gmail, hotmail & yahoo. Anyway I'll try like amarkkassery said and see if it works for me as well that way.

EDIT: Ok so the threaded view only works if there is two way conversation on one email but it wont work if theres multiple emails from the same email address but no two way conversation.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2012-03-04 at 08:08.

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
I tried deleting .qmf & .activesync from /home/user/ dir and rebooted device like suggested here somewhere but to no avail. Reinstalled PR1.2 still the same. I have enabled thread view from Application -> Mail. Anyone else with this issue or am I missing something here? Please advise. Thanks.
There is a bug report about threaded view, basically headers of some threaded email can be different and so the app fails to recognize them as threaded mails. The example I know is (ironically) the bug updates from Harmattan's bug tracker.

But it should at least work for some mails.... try what was said above (reply to a message, and your reply and the mail you replied will show up as threaded mail) and it should work.

See this:
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=837

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
There is a bug report about threaded view, basically headers of some threaded email can be different and so the app fails to recognize them as threaded mails. The example I know is (ironically) the bug updates from Harmattan's bug tracker.

But it should at least work for some mails.... try what was said above (reply to a message, and your reply and the mail you replied will show up as threaded mail) and it should work.

See this:
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=837
Beat me to it! Tis well worthwhile carefully following the epic MfE thread that Sergey still provides feed-back in.
If you have time tis worthwhile going back at least 20-odd pages & skim reading, or searching the entire thread for keywords.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-04 at 09:02.